Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled contract on iphone 4 in emobile - 1263 euro charge?!

Options
  • 09-03-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi, my name is Igor I bought Iphone 4 in September 2011, I bought it for bill pay, anyway Iphone was on my mom, and for few months was ok I paid 90Euro every month, but when she lost job we didint had money for this and we was hoping to get new job, that was our fault that we didint tell them but we waitin for answer from employers. First month non payin they blocked inernet connection, after 2 month they blocked my gsm so I wasnt able to call to anyone. And today after 3 month I got the bill that they says I have to pay 1263 euro, otherwise they will directdebit on my mom bank account, I did not get ANY letter from them or anything that they inform me that if I do not pay they will charge 1063 for canceling account + (attention!) 200 euro for stupid vat. How they dare? What should I have to do in that case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Unfortunately you signed a contract and those are the conditions, the most likely thing is that you will just have to do what they say. You could try to call them and see about a payment plan or something.

VAT is not stupid, it is necessary to keep the country running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Igor2155 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Igor I bought Iphone 4 in September 2011, I bought it for bill pay, anyway Iphone was on my mom, and for few months was ok I paid 90Euro every month, but when she lost job we didint had money for this and we was hoping to get new job, that was our fault that we didint tell them but we waitin for answer from employers. First month non payin they blocked inernet connection, after 2 month they blocked my gsm so I wasnt able to call to anyone. And today after 3 month I got the bill that they says I have to pay 1263 euro, otherwise they will directdebit on my mom bank account, I did not get ANY letter from them or anything that they inform me that if I do not pay they will charge 1063 for canceling account + (attention!) 200 euro for stupid vat. How they dare? What should I have to do in that case?
    Hi Igor2155
    As GarIT has already posted, you are liable for the full lenth of the agreed contract and the actions you describe are in keeping with contractual obligations. These conditions are described within your terms and conditions and are standard for most providers.
    If you PM me your tel no and pin I will chase this and get clarification for you as to any other options you may have.
    Tony

Advertisement