Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Daffodil Day collector?

Options
  • 09-03-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I had a Daffodil Day collector knock on my door this afternoon looking for donations the Irish Cancer Society. She had the box with the various types of pins etc.

I gave her a donation and was given a pin. I did think if was a bit strange that they were collecting door to door. It was only this evening that I found out that Daffodil Day is not on till the 23rd of this month.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain they only do their fundraising on the one day??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

i've seen a few shops selling Daffodil boxs, but to go knocking on the door to door hmmm never seen or heard of that one (to me anyhow!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

They knocked on my door today, Daffodil day is becoming more like Daffodil month. It gets a bit wearing being asked to donate so many times before the day has even arrived!

Advertisement