Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop-off at Dundrum Shopping Centre

Options
  • 09-03-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Sorry, this is a ridiculous question, but

I want to drop people off at Dundrum Shopping Centre, without having to go into the carpark and therefore paying. Is there anywhere suitable that I could pull over the car to do so?

I don't have any knowledge of the area, will be coming from M50 so I know I'll hit the roundabout at the entrance to Tesco first, but anywhere around Dundrum SC would be fine!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

If you carry on straight through the Tesco roundabout and take the next left you can do a drop off on the Sandyford Road.
    http://maps.google.ie/?ll=53.287218,-6.24208&spn=0.008607,0.022724&t=m&z=16
    Either at the loop at Castlebrook or if you carry on down the road where you will likely be in a queue of traffic near the Taxi rank and entrance near the restuarants where your people can hop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

If you go into the Tesco car park and take a ticket you have 15mins for free I do it all the time dropping off my daughter just drive in then drive back out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

Thanks for the answers, both of you :)
    Carpenter wrote: »
    If you go into the Tesco car park and take a ticket you have 15mins for free I do it all the time dropping off my daughter just drive in then drive back out:D

Is this definitely the case? If so, that sounds excellent - I didn't see anything about 15 minutes free on the website, but it does make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

jc2008 wrote: »
    Sorry, this is a ridiculous question, but

I want to drop people off at Dundrum Shopping Centre, without having to go into the carpark and therefore paying. Is there anywhere suitable that I could pull over the car to do so?

I don't have any knowledge of the area, will be coming from M50 so I know I'll hit the roundabout at the entrance to Tesco first, but anywhere around Dundrum SC would be fine!

Thanks!

why not use the luas? it stops at Dundrum.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    why not use the luas? it stops at Dundrum.

I have used the Luas before, getting off at Ballally as opposed to Dundrum, but this time I'm leaving my two friends to Dundrum SC as I'm driving somewhere near anyway - I'm coming from Drogheda so it's just easier to drive, in this case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

jc2008 wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers, both of you :)

Is this definitely the case? If so, that sounds excellent - I didn't see anything about 15 minutes free on the website, but it does make sense.

definitely definitely definitely:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You could drop them off at the Ballaly LUAS stop which is a stones throw from the centre. The LUAS stop road is not a 'through-road' and has a roundabout for patrons using the VHI centre beside it, so you can swing in, drop off, use the roundabout, and be on your merry way again in no time.

Or there's the drop-off point/taxi rank on the Sandyford road already mentioned.

Thank you Lemming, Ballaly Luas stop is a good idea, not sure why I didn't think of it!

And thanks for the re-assurance Carpenter! :)

Advertisement