Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security warning with Firefox when returning to website from Paypal

Options
  • 09-03-2012 11:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

A friend has been remotely testing the paypal function on my new ecommerce website and everything worked perfectly using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.We both got the relevant emails etc and money change accounts etc.

The transaction/emails etc also worked fine for Mozilla Firefox apart from one issue:
    After the transaction was completed in paypal and the customer (my friend) was again offered the option to return to website, this message popped up: (note, it did not happen with IE or Chrome)

SECURITY WARNING
    Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

are you sure you want to continue sending this information?

I would certainly not be too happy seeing this if I was a customer and am wondering why it is happening and why only on Firefox?

Any ideas/suggestions? anyone come across this before, thanks.

Comments

Advertisement