Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Herd number delay.

• 09-03-2012 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Howya lads,

I inherited the farm in october but am still waiting on the herd number to be issued, is there any way I can sell through a mart without the herd number? It's on the way but I have some cull ewes and hoggets that I need to move on. Thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

foxylock wrote: »
    It's on the way but I have some cull ewes and hoggets that I need to move on.

What/Who's herd no. are these in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭foxylock

would still be under uncles herd no. I presume as he is now no longer with us but I have all his movement forms but I presume I cant use them as the cheque would then be issued in his name. Or am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I've seen many the executors sale. Indeed I've seen stock sold by a son lately from his fathers herd no. I don't know who the cheque would be made out to in such a case. Maybe enquire in the mart you intend showing them at?

The cheque would surely have to be in the name of the flock owner. I am the flock owner so maybe I could try it. Thanks for that Bizzum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

foxylock wrote: »
    Howya lads,

I inherited the farm in october but am still waiting on the herd number to be issued, is there any way I can sell through a mart without the herd number? It's on the way but I have some cull ewes and hoggets that I need to move on. Thanks again.

You can sell under your late Uncles herd no and get the cheque issues as the Rep of *insert name here* Or if the manager of the local mart knows you, he could prob just get the cheque issued in your name. Provided you can prove you are the new official herd-owner, there should be no problem.

• Advertisement

Karen112 wrote: »
    You can sell under your late Uncles herd no and get the cheque issues as the Rep of *insert name here* Or if the manager of the local mart knows you, he could prob just get the cheque issued in your name. Provided you can prove you are the new official herd-owner, there should be no problem.

Thanks for that Karen, a call to the mart manager must be my next move so.

Advertisement