Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen Bin Waiver Application

Options
  • 09-03-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Wha!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

I used to qualify for the council waiver system a few years back until circumstances changed very slightly for the better for a while but they are just as bad now if not worse.

If I applied for a waiver now from Oxigen I know I would have 2 chances none and...... :(

But in effect is this not discrimination........ not accepting new waiver application's by people in need while granting them to some existing customers, leaving aside whatever contract was agreed with the council.

Up in Dublin Greyhound are abolishing all waiver's soon and they have only just taken over from the corpo.

Seem's to me society/community/equality which effect's us all are all just by-words of the Celtic Tiger Past now by our master's.

Now where's the mula for me household charge......*cough's* up again.
    Every little Helps (them)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I cant make out what your saying in the post. But ill take a guess..

- Oxigen offered the waiver scheme that the council had initially.
    - They offer it to some people, but you were not successful.
    - Your unhappy?

Dublin are in uproar about having to pay for bins in the first place and seem to think they are the only county in the fecking country who have to pay bin charges. I can understand the waiver scheme being scraped by a private company tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

theres some new online way to apply further [EMAIL="info@849960"]info @ 849960[/EMAIL] city council

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The waiver scheme is still operated by the Waterford City Council. Applications are made to WCC as they were in the past and if approved, Oxigen are then notified by WCC and Oxigen will issue bin labels and tags as guided by WCC.

Oxigen have no hand act or part in deciding who quailifies and who does not qualify for a waiver, Oxigen just provide the refuse collection service to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Sully wrote: »
    The waiver scheme is still operated by the Waterford City Council. Applications are made to WCC as they were in the past and if approved, Oxigen are then notified by WCC and Oxigen will issue bin labels and tags as guided by WCC.

Oxigen have no hand act or part in deciding who quailifies and who does not qualify for a waiver, Oxigen just provide the refuse collection service to the customer.

That is very interesting indeed I wasn't aware of that at all I must check it out thanks Sully, + Hoffman for email link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

thats the fone number there dunno why it looks like a link...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Wha!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

I used to qualify for the council waiver system a few years back until circumstances changed very slightly for the better for a while but they are just as bad now if not worse.

If I applied for a waiver now from Oxigen I know I would have 2 chances none and...... :(

But in effect is this not discrimination........ not accepting new waiver application's by people in need while granting them to some existing customers, leaving aside whatever contract was agreed with the council.

Up in Dublin Greyhound are abolishing all waiver's soon and they have only just taken over from the corpo.

Seem's to me society/community/equality which effect's us all are all just by-words of the Celtic Tiger Past now by our master's.

Now where's the mula for me household charge......*cough's* up again.
    Every little Helps (them)

Hi Danjo, Just consider this for a moment before you get annoyed. Under the supposed " Waiver " you have to pay €50 up front and then they will send you out 10 black bin tags and 10 green bin tags. This year alone there is 27 green bin collections and 26 black bin collections, so taking away your free tags leaves 17 green bins and 16 balck bins you need to get tags for.

So €50 initial fee
    17 Green bins = 68
    16 Black Bins = 128

So in total thats €246, if you put out every bin in the year.

For example Greenstar are collection 3 bins every 2 weeks for a fee of €20.95 a month for the year and then giving 2 months collections free at the end so roughly thats €17.95 for 14 months.

Oxigen for 12 months is €246 with Waiver
    Greenstar for 14 months is €251.40 and no waiver, you can also set up a pay as you go account.

Other options are wastepal and Mr Binman.

Hope this in someway helps you.

Hoffmans wrote: »
    thats the fone number there dunno why it looks like a link...:confused:

yup so i discovered:D

Nas 10 So €50 initial fee
    17 Green bins = 68
    16 Black Bins = 128

So in total thats €246, if you put out every bin in the year.

True but at the moment I've paid €160 initial fee so to get that down to €50 would be a saving of €110.

Some of the other companies are giving introductory offers like you outlined but that's all they are. A waiver from €160 to €50 of the fixed charge would be worth more to me in the long term and not having to chop n change companies to get the intro offers.

I appreciate your advice but this is how I see it unless i'm missing something which is quite possible:D

I think he is comparing more the cost of the bags/tags in the long run. Your saving on the inital fee, but you gotta pay out than for the bags/tags.

Binman you only pay the initial fee. The collections are every two weeks for every bin. The bags are free (you gotta pay for black sacks for the black bin and the brown bin I think is a free for all, but either way both the black sacks and bags for the brown bin a very cheap).

Greenstar and the others are similar. No tags afaik, just you gotta pay for bags. But bags are very cheap in Tesco to be fair.

So my understanding was that your paying out more anyway with Oxigen in the long run. But if you pay a similar initial fee with everyone else, your pretty much getting the rest of the year free.

Could very well have misunderstood tho :p

If I go ahead and apply for the waiver from the council would I get a refund of part of the fixed charge which I have all ready paid or am I pushing it:D

If I go ahead and apply for the waiver from the council would I get a refund of part of the fixed charge which I have all ready paid or am I pushing it:D

Would have to ask them that I would imagine

• Advertisement

Was about to make an application now but I haven't paid the Household charge and this might be held against me.

Not sure how best to proceed. Maybe wait till end of year (for next year).

Council may make HH Charge Payment compulsory in order to get bin waiver, that would make sense whatever about fairness, i.e. ability to pay.

Can anyone confirm if the waiver scheme was to last for at least another 4yrs after Oxigen took over.

Was about to make an application now but I haven't paid the Household charge and this might be held against me.

Not sure how best to proceed. Maybe wait till end of year (for next year).

Council may make HH Charge Payment compulsory in order to get bin waiver, that would make sense whatever about fairness, i.e. ability to pay.

Can anyone confirm if the waiver scheme was to last for at least another 4yrs after Oxigen took over.

The legislation doesn't allow the state to block access to those services so you shouldn't be stopped.

You will incur fines from ignoring the charge alright, and they may "find you" as a result of using such public services - but there is nothing there at the moment from stopping you using the service.

The legislation doesn't allow the state to block access to those services so you shouldn't be stopped.

You will incur fines from ignoring the charge alright, and they may "find you" as a result of using such public services - but there is nothing there at the moment from stopping you using the service.

It's just I noticed on the application form for bin waiver it clearly states
    "that receipt of a litter fine will invalidate your entitlement to a waiver"

But I suppose there is a linkage there all right which seems fair enough.

It's just I noticed on the application form for bin waiver it clearly states
    "that receipt of a litter fine will invalidate your entitlement to a waiver"

But I suppose there is a linkage there all right which seems fair enough.

I'm not sure I follow? The household charge has nothing to do with a litter fine?

I'm not sure I follow? The household charge has nothing to do with a litter fine?

What I was getting at was that I can see the councils getting stricter when anyone is looking for a freeie, ie. have you paid your xzy bills, bit like revenue if you follow me.

Advertisement