Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I unlock iphone 4 from bill pay

• 09-03-2012 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi just looking too find out is it possible to unlock an iphone4 on o2 bill pay so i can use my o2 prepay simcard in it, any help would be much appreciated,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

That will work fine. It's only locked to the O2 network, not to billpay sims specifically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Ring 1909 and follow the menu's and you can request an unlock for free from apple. Also as the poster said above you can cut down your pay as u go sim and stick it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Richie1991

my girlfriend bought the phone on bill pay but doesnt use it anymore she is still paying her bill every month but using a different phone, how exactly do i unlock the phone do i just ring apple and ask for this code or do i need to send the phone away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Richie1991 wrote: »
    my girlfriend bought the phone on bill pay but doesnt use it anymore she is still paying her bill every month but using a different phone, how exactly do i unlock the phone do i just ring apple and ask for this code or do i need to send the phone away.
    Are you staying with o2? If so there is no need to unlock the phone. You only need to unlock a phone if you want to use it on a different network. If your staying with o2 its just a case of popping in your sim and away you go. If you don't have a micro sim already just pop into an o2 shop and they will swap your sim for a new micro one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 whistler21

can a 3g sim card be put into a 3g iphone if it was previously disconnected by 3g because the bill was not paid?? is the whole phone locked or can i just put in a 3g prepay sim. plz help!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

whistler21 wrote: »
    can a 3g sim card be put into a 3g iphone if it was previously disconnected by 3g because the bill was not paid?? is the whole phone locked or can i just put in a 3g prepay sim. plz help!!!!:confused:

I'm assuming you mean the three network and if they blacklist it then no, your three sim wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

As previously said, if it was blocked/blacklisted then no, but they may have only disconnected it. If you know someone with a 3 sim just put in in and see if it works...

Advertisement