Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which would be better ?

Options
  • 10-03-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

I want to put up a Dummy Alarm, on front of house, do i need to put one up the back of house too,

has been a few break ins mainly coming in the back area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

At the very least, get the dummy boxes with the LED's and battery packs. The others are useless. HKC make them. If you can afford it get one for the back too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Or spend a few quid more, get one of these & a 12 volt power supply.
    Pyronix_DeltabellPlus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

torrevieja wrote: »
    I want to put up a Dummy Alarm, on front of house, do i need to put one up the back of house too,

A live bell ran off a power supply with a back up battery is your best option.
    The front for the live looking bell and if you want a dummy out the back.

faolteam wrote: »
    im a bit short of cash and am trying to get really a deterent

id ideally like to have one in front and one in back

i understand that these will not stop people getting in but a deterent

unless i was to get some basic type of detection at back door as i see this as the weak point in house

maybe somebody can help me here

Have a look at the suppliers list here. If you are looking for something basic then try a power max complete system. They can be got in kit form with sensors enrolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

KoolKid wrote: »
    Or spend a few quid more, get one of these & a 12 volt power supply.
    Pyronix_DeltabellPlus.jpg

would there have to be a wire lead coming from alarm through the house ??

• Advertisement

would there have to be a wire lead coming from alarm through the house ??

No, it gets it power off a 12v transformer that is plunged into a socket or the best thing to do is install a power supply with a back up battery to supply the bell.

altor wrote: »
    No, it gets it power off a 12v transformer that is plunged into a socket or the best thing to do is install a power supply with a back up battery to supply the bell.

im more confused now

is the transformer put into the alarm dummy box ???

do u install these and alarms etc ?

if so would you have a price and make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

Best bet is to get a dog......

im more confused now

is the transformer put into the alarm dummy box ???

do u install these and alarms etc ?

if so would you have a price and make

The bell gets installed outside on the front of the house. A cable is ran from the bell to either the transformer plunged into a socket or if you decided to install a power supply with a back up battery for the event the mains would be off the cable would be ran to there. Price wise you would need to contact a few installers and get them to look at what needs to be done to get the cable from A to B and decide what your best option is.

NJS007 wrote: »

Did you get a chance to read this before posting ;)

• Advertisement

i know people who had large dogs didnt work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

Of course I did, but given the option of putting a dummy box up on the house, front and back, the answer is to put it up on the front only as the houses with 2 boxes up tends not to have a real alarm installed in the first case....
    I would choose a dog as a better option as I am sure burglars would verify that to be the case :)

ok

im sorry for asking price

That was not aimed at you torrevieja, it is hard to give a price without knowing what has to be done.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

i know people who had large dogs didnt work
    Of course I did, but given the option of putting a dummy box up on the house, front and back, the answer is to put it up on the front only as the houses with 2 boxes up tends not to have a real alarm installed in the first case....
    I would choose a dog as a better option as I am sure burglars would verify that to be the case :)

Read the charter before posting here again.
    If you wan't to discuss dogs go off to the amimals & pets forum
    A dog is a pet not a security system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sports_

I think its always safe to buy a dummy box or he back of the house and a real alarm system for the front any opinions.

i have double pvc windows doors were i can lock windows and doors etc

if u have Inertia/contacts on french doors windows etc, are these not in effective if somebody breaks the glass etc , just wondering ??

Inertia sensors will pick up glass being broken or the window being tampered with.
    Ideally there should be inertia sensors & contacts on all ground floor & accessible windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Indeed, but you don't have to feed, walk and clean up an alarms poo.

Advertisement