Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake-Maker in Limerick..

• 10-03-2012 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would love to get a cake made for my bf for his birthday.. My friend last year made one for him but has since stopped.. She made me a choc cake with peanutbutter frosting because those are what he likes!

Do you know anyone or anywhere that could make a cake to order that is decent in Limerick City?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try Ivan's in Caherdavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

bazz26 wrote: »
    Try Ivan's in Caherdavin.

Thanks.. I actually know where that is!! Its a miracle! (Have only been living here 6 months..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is a place in Corbally too beside Garveys Super Valu - they make cakes to order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

The cake shop in Grove Island or Ivans would be my top two, Superquinn isn't bad either.

For something special try Miss Molly's

There's a thread here, might be worth having a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Fine Things in Arthurs Quay make cakes to order too, yummy ones, ask for Shami.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Or the new Zest cafe, the Ennis Zest do cool cakes...mmmmm

phog wrote: »
    The cake shop in Grove Island or Ivans would be my top two, Superquinn isn't bad either.

For something special try Miss Molly's

There's a thread here, might be worth having a look at it.

Oh yes, Miss Molly is exactly what I'm looking for! :D

Silly question... Where's the Milk Market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

the Danes on william street do fab cakes as well :) or mace on bloodmill road :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Corner of Carr St and Cornmarket Row - look up those streets on Google Maps. NB: don't search for "Milk Market, Limerick" on Google Maps because it brings up the wrong location!

Actually, if you've ever seen the top of a marquee in the centre of Limerick, that's the Milk Market.

Louche Lad wrote: »

Corner of Carr St and Cornmarket Row - look up those streets on Google Maps. NB: don't search for "Milk Market, Limerick" on Google Maps because it brings up the wrong location!

Actually, if you've ever seen the top of a marquee in the centre of Limerick, that's the Milk Market.

I ordered a cake and some cinnamon rolls from her, so I can make him a surprise brekkie!! Will be meeting her Thursday evening... And I will be posting pics! :-D

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement

Well I'm just going to say.. Nom! :-)

She's amazeballs, definitely would recommend her to everyone! Cake was divine, as were the cinnamon rolls! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Four years on, any new recommendations for a nice cake for a special occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Four years on, any new recommendations for a nice cake for a special occasion.

Evie Ward from the nutshed. Shes makes them to order http://nutshed.ie/#Home

Quite possibly the nicest cakes and fairly healthy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Zest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

LD Bakery worth a look on Facebook. She is in Shannon and does special made to order cakes rather than the standard if that's what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭iceman777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭djdunny

Parchment wrote: »
    Zest!

+1 for Zest. They do amazing cakes. I got one for them for my wifes 30th last month and they were great to deal with.

Advertisement