Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - GW28 Team News & Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Bendtner goal . Campbell assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

1-0 to Sunderland

Bendter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Jammiest. Goal. Ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Here we go...

manual_man wrote: »
    Jammiest. Goal. Ever

Up there with the beach ball goal .

Only player i have playing today and hes lost his clean sheet lol

****ing Liverpool.

Charlie Adam is a walking disaster. So frustrating

2-0 Blackburn Holiet again.

Hoilett again.

Who has him? :pac:

• Advertisement

Here comes Gerrard and Carroll

Drogba goal. Mata assist.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Such a boring day of football, real snooze fest. Hopefully Gerrard and Carroll can get Suarez into the game and bagging a goal at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Captain Yakubu gets a nice assist :) A goal on top of that now would be handy.

Fecking Duff again nearly hitting bar this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

yak assist :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

2-0 Blackburn Holiet again.

Get in there!
    Don't have him. If he was listed as a midfielder, like he should be, he'd be the first name on the team sheet.

Pity he'll be off on a free this Summer, probably to disappear into obscurity at Spurs.

#THFC; Freidel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Modric, Bale, Parker, Sandro, Defoe, Adebayor.” 

#EFC  Howard; Neville, Distin, Heitinga, Baines; Coleman, Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Drenthe; Jelavic.” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I need Bale to save me! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

#THFC; Freidel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Modric, Bale, Parker, Sandro, Defoe, Adebayor.” 

#EFC  Howard; Neville, Distin, Heitinga, Baines; Coleman, Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Drenthe; Jelavic.” 

According to the BBC, the managers had a gentleman's agreement that Saha would not start.

Noooo Fulham clean sheet gone in the last minute.

• Advertisement

Weimann goal . 1 nil villa gardener assist

Jesus Fulham are like a totally different team away from home.

Joke considering the players they had compared to Villa up front.

Lemlin wrote: »
    According to the BBC, the managers had a gentleman's agreement that Saha would not start.

He's on the bench , maybe just to make up the numbers .

Blackburns first clean sheet in 30 games! Need a clean sheet from BAE and I need Bale to do nothing. a goal from BAE wouldn't be too bad either I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭themacman

Bit of a snoozefest today. I thought Pog or Dempsey might do something for me.

I'm delighted that completely ignoring Liverpool's DGW has been justified.

Jelavic goal . Osman assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

themacman wrote: »

I was fairly confident Fulham wouldnt do much today, they have been woeful away from home all season, im not actually going to get in Pog either. I think his current form is a flash in the pan, i think it could be time to get adebayour back in and thats what im doing for suarez next game week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Everton are all over Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

PopTarts wrote: »
    Everton are all over Spurs.

everton currently at 82% possession according to the bbc website. highest I've seen in a while

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17243496

I've had more action editing this OP than I have in the game. :confused:

Could really do with BAE or Bale doing something so today doesn't end completely terrible.

• Advertisement

Eh hello they have another match to play yet

Yup, so one match to pick up some points, just like all the teams who didn't have a DGW.

I was fairly confident Fulham wouldnt do much today, they have been woeful away from home all season, im not actually going to get in Pog either. I think his current form is a flash in the pan, i think it could be time to get adebayour back in and thats what im doing for suarez next game week

Yeah, I would have been happy with an assist between the two of them. The Pog situation remains to be seen. It'd be nice to have a solid cheap striker like Ba was (or maybe still is!)

Yup, so one match to pick up some points, just like all the teams who didn't have a DGW.

Are you trying to be thick. Players get appearance points. Not to mention we dont know whats goin to happen at Anfield on Wednesday. By all means come back and be smug then if Everton win 1-0 or something

Are you trying to be thick. Players get appearance points. Not to mention we dont know whats goin to happen at Anfield on Wednesday. By all means come back and be smug then if Everton win 1-0 or something

Suarez got 2pts, Skyrtyl got 1pts. These appearance points weren't enough to justify transferring in Liverpool players on the basis of them having a DGW. What happens vs Everton is irrelevant to me. I also now don't have to worry about transferring out Liverpool deadwood afterwards.

Cheers for the insults though.

Suarez got 2pts, Skyrtyl got 1pts.These appearance points weren't enough to justify transferring in Liverpool players on the basis of them having a DGW. What happens vs Everton is irrelevant to me. I also now don't have to worry about transferring out Liverpool deadwood afterwards.

Cheers for the insults though.

can you not just admit you were wrong to comment on it now. You could well be right on the dgw thing, but we won't know til after the game against Everton, and yes it is stupid to comment on it before then...

Right I'm on 14 points who can beat me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Right I'm on 14 points who can beat me :pac:

i can with 16
    until the extra transfer comes in anyway

can you not just admit you were wrong to comment on it now. You could well be right on the dgw thing, but we won't know til after the game against Everton, and yes it is stupid to comment on it before then...

No, I'm fine with my comment.

-Liverpools extra game is done and dusted, with little or nothing to show for it.
    -The only reason I would have transferred in Pool players, is on the basis of having this extra game. (and it would have cost me hits to do so)
    -Therefore, I was justified in ignoring the fact that they had a double.

Won't be commenting on this further.

• Advertisement

No, I'm fine with my comment.

-Liverpools extra game is done and dusted, with little or nothing to show for it.
    -The only reason I would have transferred in Pool players, is on the basis of having this extra game. (and it would have cost me hits to do so)
    -Therefore, I was justified in ignoring the fact that they had a double.

Won't be commenting on this further.

Thank. fook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Suarez got 2pts, Skyrtyl got 1pts. These appearance points weren't enough to justify transferring in Liverpool players on the basis of them having a DGW. What happens vs Everton is irrelevant to me. I also now don't have to worry about transferring out Liverpool deadwood afterwards.
    Exactly, anyone that's endured a few Liverpool games over the past 2 months can see they are struggling. Best performance of the year was against Arsenal, and they lost that. Transferring in Suarez, captaining Reina or Enrique (esp as Agger is injured) was just crazy. I'll be astounded and delighted if they can raise their game against their biggest rivals on Wednesday but it won't happen.

At least Bale did nothing. Poor day though and I probably speak for most of us when saying that. RVP has to do nothing to justify my decision of captaining Yakubu and that is looking very unlikely. I've only 4 playing tomorrow - RVP, Rooney, Richards(hopefully) and Silva and I'm on 25 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

On a mighty 6 points once the hit is taken into account. Waiting for RVP to save the day again!

0 points with 9 players including captain to play.

Really hit a rough patch last couple weeks.

Next couple of days will be huge ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

1 point (after -8 deduction) with 6 left to play including RVP (c).

Completely reliant on him having a field day and Silva/Richards getting me some good pointage.

Slowly getting worse this season and losing a big lead i had on others :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Juxtapose wrote: »
    1 point (after -8 deduction) with 6 left to play including RVP (c).

Completely reliant on him having a field day and Silva/Richards getting me some good pointage.

Slowly getting worse this season and losing a big lead i had on others :(
    So you got 9 points from 5 players.... Yeah, it happens, but why did you take a 8 point hit? Did you have to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Despite my players doing absolutely nothing today I've moved up 1,000 places. For the first time ever I'm also featured on the first page of the boards.ie league. I'm way down in 50th place but it's great to get there.

It's amazing really when you look at the difference that one point can make to your overall ranking. One more point today would have meant that I broke the 10,000 barrier (assuming that no one else got that extra point as well of course).

Basically not getting up in time this morning and switching Miyaichi for Ireland was worth 1,000 places to me, and the first place in one of my leagues. Hopefully RVP doesn't do anything much on Monday. It was a huge mistake I think not captaining him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

After I said this yesterday I drunkenly get in Pog for Suarez last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

11 points so far from Bogdan, Enrique, Dempsey and Suarez (c). Could do with RVP and Aguero having a quiet game this week... and a Suarez hat-trick against Everton :)

Hart, Richards, Savic, Kolo Toure, Clichy, Barry, de Jong, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Balotelli. #MCFC
    No Aguero or Lescott

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement