Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - GW28 Team News & Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

themacman wrote: »
    -The only reason I would have transferred in Pool players, is on the basis of having this extra game.

You ignore the fact that next 2 games are QPR and Wigan after a dgw then. I agree that it's ill-advisable to take a points hit for a one-off extra game. However, everybody has a free transfer every week and this week I used mine on a Liverpool player, because they have a dgw followed by back-to-back fixtures against relegation battlers (both of which I expect to go down).

I don't know why you would be fretting about "transferring out Liverpool deadwood afterwards", what's the harm in playing them against QPR or Wigan afterward? I personally think that they've had a couple of losses in a row now and this run of fixtures is actually ideal for them to do something and ideal to have a couple of Liverpool players in your fantasy team. Each to their own of course, but it seems shortsighted to think you'd just be transferring in then out again straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

#MUFC v #WBA: De Gea, Jones, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Young, Carrick, Scholes, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck” 

WBA Foster; Tamas, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Odemwingie, Mulumbu, Morrison, Andrews, Brunt; Fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

#MUFC v #WBA: De Gea, Jones, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Young, Carrick, Scholes, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck”

No Nani??? Bench?

8-10 wrote: »
    No Nani??? Bench?

Nope not on bench
    bench: Amos, Berbatov, Giggs, Park, Rafael, Cleverley, Pogba” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hart, Richards, Savic, Kolo Toure, Clichy, Barry, de Jong, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Balotelli. #MCFC
    No Aguero or Lescott

No Lescott? wtf... I only transferred him in for Kompany :mad:

Did Swansea miss a peno ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Did Swansea miss a peno ?

Yeah. Sinclair missed it, Hart saved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No Nani or Aguero glad i got rid of the latter and stayed away from the first.

Need Rooney and Evans to do something nice :D

Young looking quite good last couple of games by the way including this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I thought I had my fair share of negative points last week with Sess and Ba (c), but looking like another great week with Sinclair missing the peno. Like a few of the posters above I'm also hitting a rough patch :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Rooney!!

• Advertisement

Rooney for United :D Hernandez with assist.

Rooney's the man :) Aguero on for City on the 36th minute. Barry off for him.

Wigan team v Norwich:  Al Habsi, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Caldwell (C), Moses, Gomez, McArthur, Boyce, Rodallega, Beausejour, Figueroa #WAFC” 

Norwich team  v Wigan - Ruddy, Drury, Whitbread, Crofts, Holt (C), Jackson, Surman, Hoolahan, Fox, Ward, Naughton #NCFC” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rooney is heading for 3 bps today i reckon,6 if captained....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Anyone watching the Swansea/City game? Do Swansea look like holding them off? Could do with the 12 points that will come if they do.

carlcon wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Swansea/City game? Do Swansea look like holding them off? Could do with the 12 points that will come if they do.

They did in the first half but right now, since Aguero came on and Toure moved into his better position, they are all over Swansea. Can easily see a goal or two from City.

Olsson sent off for WBA. United should hit a few more in now with him gone.

Rooney goal . Assist by young . Peno

Peno for Rooney and he scores!!!

Young won it.

• Advertisement

I'm sickened i didn't captain Rooney now! Ah well, that's how the game goes! I'm happy with the 13 points he'll end up with. :)

Bringing in Young and Roo this week is looking like the first good decision I've made in a couple of months.

Of course, I didn't captain Rooney. That would be too much of a turnaround for my luck. :rolleyes:

RVP hat trick tomorrow! (Or just don't play)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Captain choice on Rooney looks to be my first good one in a couple of weeks. Badly need a City goal as 2nd place in my private league has Vorm and Williams.

Swansea score :(

Fingers crossed Swansea's goal doesn't lead to some City inspiration.

Micah richards scores but guess what? It's offside. That is absolutely fantastic. :mad:

• Advertisement

Aguero can go f*ck. Came on for a point when I would have had Williams coming off the bench with 6.

Tosspot of a week. Hate this game sometimes

Full time!

Vorm and Taylor do it again. Players of the season! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Rooney (c) and vorm finally sees some decent points on the board this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

What an immense defensive display by Swansea. So annoyed to have Vorm and Williams on the bench but there wouldn't be many taking that punt so no worries. Other than that delighted City lost and I captained Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rooney and Evans do the job. Now just need VP to under perform and Suarez to actually score :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Rooney captain. Delighted, jones with a nice 6 points as well.

Taylor on the bench, with Ba and R. Taylor left to play, 43 ain't too bad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Damnit, Caulker on bench, Lescott didn't play, but he is at number two....

Will he have to come on though, because even though I have Chamberlain placed to come on, I will be left with only two defenders, so what's the situation there?

Hoolahan goal . Not sure who assisted it

Hoolahan goal . Not sure who assisted it

Jackson

Richards' goal being disallowed cost me 17 points in my bid to catch the leader in my main league.

This game :mad:

FatRat wrote: »
    Richards' goal being disallowed cost me 17 points in my bid to catch the leader in my main league.

Was it a dodgy decision, or just annoying in FF terms?

It was right decision so don't be too annoyed .

Oh no, it was the right decision but say he had been an extra few inches deeper, it wouldn't have been offside or if the lines(wo)man had missed it it woulda been a goal.

Ye know what I mean. Small little things can make a huge difference in the games, therefore it is very annoying. If it had been a goal (which it could have easily been) then Swansea's clean sheet would be gone and I'd have a goal from Richards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Oh no, it was the right decision but say he had been an extra few inches deeper, it wouldn't have been offside or if the lines(wo)man had missed it it woulda been a goal.

Ye know what I mean. Small little things can make a huge difference in the games, therefore it is very annoying. If it had been a goal (which it could have easily been) then Swansea's clean sheet would be gone and I'd have a goal from Richards.
    And your main league rival would be lividly posting on some other forum claiming how unlucky he was to see a 17 point swing in his lead.

He'd probably have more justification to do so too.

Damnit, Caulker on bench, Lescott didn't play, but he is at number two....

Will he have to come on though, because even though I have Chamberlain placed to come on, I will be left with only two defenders, so what's the situation there?

AnybodY?

• Advertisement

AnybodY?

Your defender will come in to make 3, ahead of any midfielder/striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

AnybodY?
    Yeah, Caulker will come in.

No complaining if Chamberlain goes on to score 15 points tomorrow though.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Yeah, Caulker will come in.

No complaining if Chamberlain goes on to score 15 points tomorrow though.

I know, but it would be typical :D

Moses goal! :D

Surman off for Pilkington. That'll please/annoy a few.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

42 with 3 left too play. Most importantly though it looks like I'll well outscore those in my private leagues this gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Thank **** for that moses goal!

Haha deadly didnt know Moses scored till now nice surprise :)

35 points with bonus points and 3 players including captain Van Persie not as bad as things where looking so far anyway ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Haha deadly didnt know Moses scored till now nice surprise :)

35 points with bonus points and 3 players including captain Van Persie not as bad as things where looking so far anyway ha.
    Ha i needed alot more after my crazy 8 point hit this week! But at least moses came good a week later after bringing him in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I'm the only one of the top 6 in my money league that has Rooney.... :D

Just hoping Suarez doesn't knock in a couple against Everton.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement