Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - GW28 Team News & Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shane732 wrote: »
    I'm the only one of the top 6 in my money league that has Rooney.... :D

Just hoping Suarez doesn't knock in a couple against Everton.....

Slim chance of that even though i have him as capt on my ff arena cup entry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just checked there and I'm currently 7,425 in the world. On 1,580 with another 3 points from Sigurdsson to come off of the bench. Hoping for a quiet game from RVP tomorrow and at least 7 from Suarez on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Today was a good day for me:
    Rooney - 10
    Vorm - 8
    Moses - 6
    Evans - 6
    Graham - 2
    Silva - 2

My transfer in of Rooney for Aguero worked out nicely and now others around me will hopefully be scrambling and taking points hits to get Rooney in.

On a decent 45 so far, hoping for Rooney and Moses bonus plus maybe another 1 from somewhere. Still have RVP (C) and Skrtel to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    My transfer in of Rooney for Aguero worked out nicely and now others around me will hopefully be scrambling and taking points hits to get Rooney in.

Did the exact same and also captained Rooney. Happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I'm hoping for 3 Bp's for Rooney and 1 for Vorm.

That's the max I'll get I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Luis Suarez,22 league games. 6 goals. Why didn't I stick with my gut instinct and these facts before taking a hit to get him in & making him captain.He better get a hat trick against Everton.

zerks wrote: »
    Luis Suarez,22 league games. 6 goals. Why didn't I stick with my gut instinct and these facts before taking a hit to get him in & making him captain.He better get a hat trick against Everton.

Suarez is the biggest FF waste this season,for all his potential he has failed miserably..

ps i also got him in for my b-team so i l0ok just as silly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carlcon wrote: »
    Full time!

Vorm and Taylor do it again. Players of the season! :D

And to think we had people on here predicting the demise of Swansea's clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hit the top of the one league I wasn't leading but am a bit nervous about the bonus points coming in. If Cheltenham betting choices weren't distracting enough, I'll be on edge until tomorrow morning now.

I'm hoping VP will either not play or put at least two past Newcastles defence....<finds his twitter account and pleads...>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

BPs in and seem fair:

Bolton 2 - 1 QPR
    Bonus: Ream(3), Pratley(2), Miyaichi

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Fulham
    Bonus: Cuellar(2), Albrighton, Agbonlahor(3), Weimann

Chelsea 1 - 0 Stoke City
    Bonus: Cahill(2), Lampard, Drogba(3)

Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool
    Bonus: Turner(2), Larsson, Bendtner(3)

Wolves 0 - 2 Blackburn
    Bonus - Dann(2), Martin Olsson, Hoilett(3)

Everton 1 - 0 Tottenham
    Bonus: Distin, Osman(2), Jelavic(3)

Man Utd 2 - 0 West Brom
    Bonus: Jones, Young(2), Rooney(3)

Swansea 1 - 0 Man City
    Bonus: Vorm, Williams(3), Caulker(3)

Norwich 1 - 1 Wigan
    Bonus: Hoolahan(2)
    Bonus - Caldwell, Moses(3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy with 46 points.

Still have RVP, Ba and hopefully Chamberlain to play, as well as Enrique to play again during week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I hope Santon doesn't play tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

40 after bonus. I weighed up all my options at the weekend and went with an 8-point hit to make 4 transfers. I felt it was a week of change in terms of fixture difficulty and decided that I could make back the points pretty easily with a little luck.

Rooney (13) in - Aguero (1) out
    Skrtel (1 + ?) in - Huth (2) out
    Enrique (2 + ?) in - Kelly (2) out
    Evans (6) in - Santon (?) out

So thats 22 points with 2 to play vs 5 with 1 to play.

Long story short, top of my money league this morning. 90 point deficit made up in about 7 weeks.

Ba and RVP (c) playing tonight, Enrique and Skrtel playing Tuesday.

Get fcuking in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

44 with 4 to play....happy enough, need RVP to do nothing tonight as everyone ahead of me in my money league has him captained!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

40 points after BP's so far. Was happy, as I had made some ground and was just a single point behind carlcon.... and then I looked at his bench :pac:

We both have RVP captain for tonight so no points gained there, but I also have Ox playing later (hopefully he's fit to start!) and Enrique who tbh I'll be shocked if we (Liverpool) keep a clean sheet in the derby tomorrow.

In fairness to Suarez, at least regarding last Saturday. If there was a poacher in the box. He'd have probably have grabbed an assist or two. Had his head up more than usual I noticed, just no one to pick out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

on 40 now pre bonii with RVP(c) to play. well happy with that. pleased with my decision to get rid of silva and aguero a few weeks ago. it's united all the way now i think, i'l get a defender to join rooney and young. people reckon evans will start for the rest of the season? any threat from smalling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

-Ade- wrote: »

In fairness to Suarez, at least regarding last Saturday. If there was a poacher in the box. He'd have probably have grab an assist or two. Had his head up more than usual I noticed, just no one to pick out.

Well I hope him and Liverpool do something tomorrow. They were pathetic against Sunderland. Charlie Adam should never be allowed wear a Liverpool jersey again

manual_man wrote: »
    Well I hope him and Liverpool do something tomorrow. They were pathetic against Sunderland. Charlie Adam should never be allowed wear a Liverpool jersey again

Less said about Adam, the better for my sanity tbf :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Michael Turner is a legend. I only played him because Kompany was injured and he returns 8 points. Last week he got an assist and a couple of bonus as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

44 with only Captain Van Pirsie to play.
    Caulker for Swansea seems to be turning into a bonus machine these days - raging I didn't put him into my starting 11 but might have a bit more faith in him from now on.

Lemlin wrote: »
    And to think we had people on here predicting the demise of Swansea's clean sheets.

Caulker is my 3rd sub,Senderos will come on before him:(

Knowing my luck this week,Suarez will score,then miss a penalty and get sent off.Why oh why did I buy the bollix? Damn you DGW fever!!!!

-Ade- wrote: »
    In fairness to Suarez, at least regarding last Saturday. If there was a poacher in the box. He'd have probably have grabbed an assist or two. Had his head up more than usual I noticed, just no one to pick out.

Liverpool are the only team to play with no strikers,Suarez is more of a playmaker.Shows how much faith they have in Carroll.They look utterly toothless & whoever stated on here that they are going to give someone a battering needs their head examined.

The only ever present I have is Enrique and he's on my hitlist now as 'pool can't keep a clean sheet either.Suarez is going after Tuesday's game.

55 with 3 to play....made 5 transfers :eek::eek::eek:,lost 16 of those points and still looks like i will top my main league after tomorrows games!!!!

What a weird GW...........

dahat wrote: »
    55 with 3 to play....made 5 transfers :eek::eek::eek:,lost 16 of those points and still looks like i will top my main league after tomorrows games!!!!

What a weird GW...........

I did 4 (8-point hit) and it worked well...what were your transfers?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I did 4 (8-point hit) and it worked well...what were your transfers?

Ba Pogrebnyak
    long term
    Valencia Lampard----short term,sold again for Bale
    Sessegnon Drenthe
    short term
    Aguero Rooney
    long term
    Richards Jose Enrique---unsure??

Had Rooney as captain so i guess it has worked out...wont risk so much again though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'd be keeping Enrique if I had him . Qpr and Wigan coming up for Liverpool .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Not bad for once. 64 points with RvP and Cisse to play tonight. Then I've Enrique the following day. Making up some ground on my rivals this week. Guy ahead of me has RVP as captain, and I'm an Arsenal fan, so not sure what to want tonight! High scoring Gunner win with Cisse on the scoresheet might counteract the captain issue.

Ba Pogrebnyak
    long term
    Valencia Lampard----short term,sold again for Bale
    Sessegnon Drenthe
    short term
    Aguero Rooney
    long term
    Richards Jose Enrique---unsure??

Had Rooney as captain so i guess it has worked out...wont risk so much again though....

It's funny but I am seriously considering Silva and Bale to Yaya and Lampard. He seemed to play in the hole on Saturday...that would be a position where he could score big.

I'd hold Enrique long term, even until the end of the season. They have strong fixtures. Aguero to Rooney was a great move this week, not because you scored big, but because of Rooneys fixtures for the next 6-7 weeks. Drenthe short term ain't a bad move and will pay for some of the transfer because of the dgw.

I'm personally holding onto Ba. I expect goals galore tonight. Neither team is looking solid at the back and we have two of the most dangerous forwards looking to capitalize on that. Ba has Norwich at home gw29...well see after that.

• Advertisement

Lampard also picked up a BP so he must have made a good contribution FF wise...still at 11.0 he would want to pay my wages to keep him!!

Silva stays,pure and simple........cannot bring myself to get rid.....

Ba i could never get right,anytime i had him it was too late etc...Balotelli could be an option for the 3rd striker role at some point...

Rooney is just Rooney,cant be sold now as you pointed out,fixtures are favourable till end of the season,i may even get TC in soon

Raylor not playing tonight apparently,he has tweeted so according to FFscout facebook page.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

36, hoping oxtail soup doesn't figure as i have moses first sub with 9. Williams coming in with 9 for Kolarov takes me to 45 with RVP & Suarez to play + ox/moses. Did nicely on BP's too this week.

Vorm 1
    Cahill 2
    Williams 3
    Moses 3
    Young 2

Took 4 point hit to get in Suarez for Aguero so no loss thankfully :)

Gameweek 28

Happy enough tbh, gone top of my money league :D decent scoring from me combined with poor scoring from those above me, was 100 or so behind about 2 months ago. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Raylor not playing tonight apparently,he has tweeted so according to FFscout facebook page.....

looks like I'll only have 10 playing this week so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yep, after two clean sheets in Swansea's previous 11 games (last one against rock bottom Wigan), it was obvious they would go on to keep a clean sheet against top of the table City who have scored in practically every game this season, and who hammered 4-0 Swansea on the opening day.

Insightful comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

roryc wrote: »
    Yep, after two clean sheets in Swansea's previous 11 games (last one against rock bottom Wigan), it was obvious they would go on to keep a clean sheet against top of the table City who have scored in practically every game this season, and who hammered 4-0 Swansea on the opening day.

Insightful comment.

As I said to you at the time of you telling me to drop Taylor and Vorm a few weeks back;

We have cheap players like those for home games. 3 of Swansea's 5 previous home games were against Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. It was always going to be a rough period - but that's all it was; a rough period.

Were Swansea favourites to have clean sheets this week? Not at all. But it was always possible. The suggestion that "they weren't as good as before", or "had lost it" was just simply untrue. Using stats and simply looking at their number of clean sheets only gave about 20% of the story. They're better than that run suggested, as they've shown now in the last 2 games. Swansea are that good at home, and are still one of the most trust-worthy sides in the PL when it comes to clean sheets.

• Advertisement

Ah balls.

I didn't know there was a time limit on editing posts. Can't update the OP. Stupid long weekend! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I could really do with Danny Simpson not playing...

Raylor not playing means I'll have BAE coming in with 1 point. Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Caulker or Simpson for the rest of the season lads? i can see swansea picking up more clean sheets at home than newcastle starting with everton (H) next week

opinions? ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Newcastle: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Obertan, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa; Ba.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Persie.” 

• Advertisement

darego wrote: »
    Caulker or Simpson for the rest of the season lads? i can see swansea picking up more clean sheets at home than newcastle starting with everton (H) next week

opinions? ;D

Can't argue with that. Simpson is very much "just there" in the Newcastle defence. Doesn't do too much in attacking terms. Caulker has turned into some kind of BP magnet lately, so I'd go for him.

Not to mention Swansea not having too many "big" teams ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Shotton is worth considering too (in 2 gameweeks time).

I'll probably downgrade from Simpson if I need the extra .3 million that the transfer would give me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Chamberlain will run riot because he's on my bench and will not be subbed in

Anybody know what the deal with Raylor is is he out for long

Liverpool are the only team to play with no strikers,Suarez is more of a playmaker.Shows how much faith they have in Carroll.They look utterly toothless & whoever stated on here that they are going to give someone a battering needs their head examined.

The only ever present I have is Enrique and he's on my hitlist now as 'pool can't keep a clean sheet either.Suarez is going after Tuesday's game.

Aye. Carroll wasn't playing terribly for a few games just before the Carling Cup Final game though, it looked liked he was finding some form albeit still a lack of goals but his all round game that aside was very good actually.

For what you said about Suarez, I can't argue. Spot on. He can score goals, just the role he's playing atm just doesn't suit especially with the players there. One thing doing it for this Liverpool squad and another thing doing it for Uruguay with their brilliant players to help take the burden off him.

As for Enrique, I'll be keeping him. Don't want to be making too many transfers at this stage now being where I'am. Had him in since the start of the season.
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Chamberlain will run riot because he's on my bench and will not be subbed in

I'm holding you to that :D Chuffed he's starting.

Cisse not starting is an interesting one. Hope I don't regret dropping Ba!

I guess the minimum I can truly be happy with tonight is a couple of goals from RVP. Needs to at least match Rooney to make it the right captain choice.

Ah FFS he just missed a sitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Bit hypocritical, no? I remember well having an arguement with you when you came out and said that Swansea will lose their ability to keep clean sheets in the second half of the season. If i remember correctly you said that defender from each of the big teams was a must for the end of the season and that Swansea's defence was destined for demise. I would pull it up only it'll take me forever to find it but you definitely said something along those lines a few months ago.

Anyway! I happened to be one of those that left 18 points on the bench with caulker and Vorm and it's a right kick in the balls! Arsenal game underway.... hoping for a 1-1 with VP missing a penalty and not scoring/assisting. I have him but I really need him to draw a blank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

haha, I've RVP as captain and Ben Arfa on my team this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

RVP!!!

Moar please

Not to get ahead of myself, but RVP has had 3 good chances already. Asking for at least one more goal is far from greedy... could be a good night!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement