Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - GW28 Team News & Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

carlcon wrote: »
    Not to get ahead of myself, but RVP has had 3 good chances already. Asking for at least one more goal is far from greedy... could be a good night!

One of the worst things in FF is getting a toss-up captaincy decision wrong, it was one of those with Rooney and RVP, so I'm hoping for one more goal to justify my selection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    One of the worst things in FF is getting a toss-up captaincy decision wrong, it was one of those with Rooney and RVP, so I'm hoping for one more goal to justify my selection!

Exactly the same here. I don't care that I also have Rooney... if RVP gets 12 points to Rooney's 13, I will still consider it the wrong decision.

Another chance just there! A little too straight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Exactly the same here. I don't care that I also have Rooney... if RVP gets 12 points to Rooney's 13, I will still consider it the wrong decision.

Another chance just there! A little too straight though.

Chasing a lead so I put the captaincy on the Yak in the hope he'd have another 4-goal wondergame. At the moment RVP has the same amount of points as him and the game isn't even half over. It's fairly annoying but I can't say I didn't expect it. I'm better off sticking to the big guns with the captaincy from now on and just hope my non-captain players do well enough to gain on the leaders in my leagues.

FatRat wrote: »
    Chasing a lead so I put the captaincy on the Yak in the hope he'd have another 4-goal wondergame. At the moment RVP has the same amount of points as him and the game isn't even half over. It's fairly annoying but I can't say I didn't expect it. I'm better off sticking to the big guns with the captaincy from now on and just hope my non-captain players do well enough to gain on the leaders in my leagues.

Captain hindsight here, but even though I advised lots of people to give Yakubu a chance over the next 3 GWs, captaining him when Roo and RVP had these fixtures was a bit... well, mad. :D

Although to be fair, another good tactic each week from now on is to do what you did this week, and just captain a player who's playing against Wolves. They're kind of shocking... and you were probably unlucky not to get more out of The Yak this week.

Captain hindsight here, but even though I advised lots of people to give Yakubu a chance over the next 3 GWs, captaining him when Roo and RVP had these fixtures was a bit... well, mad. :D

Although to be fair, another good tactic each week from now on is to do what you did this week, and just captain a player who's playing against Wolves. They're kind of shocking... and you were probably unlucky not to get more out of The Yak this week.

Well Rooney is my captain next week and he's playing Wolves. Dempsey was my captain last week and he played wolves. I only notice the pattern now :D But Wolves are pants, anyone that could score playing against them should be captained! 5 points ain't bad, not much complaints. Could've gotten a 2-pointer had I chosen Dempsey or Silva etc. I should just stop trying to force my way to the top of my leagues with risky decisions.

No Santon for the 2nd half. No clean sheet anyway, but I'm sure that's annoying news for one or two of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

RVP, stop toying with Newcastle and bag a hattrick plz

Krul isn't doing us any favours here. Has a number of saves from RVP under his belt tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

RVP just put the ball in the net FFS!!!

• Advertisement

Chamberlain off for Gervinho. Had a pretty poor game, but still one to watch.

FFSSSSSS!!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

He just isn't gonna get that 2nd :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

He just isn't gonna get that 2nd :(

I hope to god he doesn't! But jesus this is unlike VP! Normally "he scores when he wants". He'd have most of his shots put away on another day.

That's about 6 very solid chances he's had. 1 in 6 is not the usual RVP standard. Sack him!

That's about 6 very solid chances he's had. 1 in 6 is not the usual RVP standard. Sack him!

He puts another goal in and he gets the 3 bonus points.

• Advertisement

5 mins of stoppage time.

Vermaelen with a very late winner. No idea who assisted though. Walcott?

RVP assist??

Did that bounce off RVP? :o

Unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Shane732 wrote: »
    RVP assist??

Dont think so. Off Newcastle defender?

Ramsay assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ffs!

Ahh ffs!!

:(

Ah FFS RVP is being a real twat now. Well deserved yellow... another -2 :mad:

noice RVP stupid yellow and Krul. Another few mins and both of them might have gotten sent off

RVP showing the assist! Probably be taken off him

RVP given the assist on the FPL site.

Van Persie yellow :D

• Advertisement

If he can keep that assist and get the 3 BPs, I guess that's good enough. Should have been a lot more though.

RVP showing the assist! Probably be taken off him
    RVP given the assist on the FPL site.

Will defo be taken away

BP prediction?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Will defo be taken away

Shhhhh.....

BP prediction?

Verm 3
    RVP 2
    Sagna 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

KevIRL wrote: »
    Will defo be taken away
    Lol he has been given it on the Beeb site as well.

The only way RVP will end the GW on 8 points is if he gets the 3 BP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Gone already.

It was sweet while it lasted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

BP prediction?

Walcott 3 Verm 2 RVP 1 Song 1 Williamson 1 And sorry RVP your assist will be taken away :D

At least it didn't go to Walcott. That should be 3 BPs for RVP now. All those shots on target will do him good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

FatRat wrote: »
    Verm 3
    RVP 2
    Sagna 1

Was thinking it was a bit strange leaving Walcott out. He just got sky MOMT there.

I'd love to know what was said between Krul and RVP. I'm guessing it wasn't about tulips :confused:

You can time waste now or something along those lines.

Two nil tomorrow with a Suarez double please :pac:

• Advertisement

Do ya reckon they'll put our subs in tonight? Or wait until after the extra game?

Do ya reckon they'll put our subs in tonight? Or wait until after the extra game?
    It's always after the final match of the gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

They always wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Had 2 free transfers this week.

Mata (4) > Young (8)
    Kompany (0) > Vermaelen (8+BPs)

I think I've finally silenced the boo boys from the terraces and have justified the Boards vote of confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Yep, after two clean sheets in Swansea's previous 11 games (last one against rock bottom Wigan), it was obvious they would go on to keep a clean sheet against top of the table City who have scored in practically every game this season, and who hammered 4-0 Swansea on the opening day.

Insightful comment.

For the price of their defenders, and the fact that players like cheap players like Caulker and Williams are picking up bonus points/assists, their defenders have been a revelation.

You worded it there to make it sound like 3 clean sheets in nine games is a poor achievement. It's a 33% success rate and, for the price of Swansea's defenders, it's a great return.

How many points has Jose Boswinga who you advocated dropping Swansea defenders returned in the same period? He's also a higher price.

In the last nine PL games, United have kept 4 clean sheets. City have kept 6. Spurs have kept 3. Chelsea have kept 4. Liverpool have kept 3. I haven't the Arsenal stats as the BBC site that I'm pulling the data from doesn't have their full results for March for some reason but they kept one PL clean sheet in the whole of January and February.

So, baring City who's regular playing defenders are all above 6.0 million, in terms of clean sheets, there's little between Swansea and the defenders of United or Chelsea, and they have matched those of City and Spurs. And it appears they have bettered those of Arsenal.

So I would say its an insightful comment. Swansea defenders still offer great value for money and in no way would I recommend dropping them.

Incidentally, do you not have Caulker in your own team? Looks to me like you disagree with your own point.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement