Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - GW28 Team News & Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FatRat wrote: »
    Bit hypocritical, no? I remember well having an arguement with you when you came out and said that Swansea will lose their ability to keep clean sheets in the second half of the season. If i remember correctly you said that defender from each of the big teams was a must for the end of the season and that Swansea's defence was destined for demise. I would pull it up only it'll take me forever to find it but you definitely said something along those lines a few months ago.

Anyway! I happened to be one of those that left 18 points on the bench with caulker and Vorm and it's a right kick in the balls! Arsenal game underway.... hoping for a 1-1 with VP missing a penalty and not scoring/assisting. I have him but I really need him to draw a blank!

I think you'll find that argument was in relation to doubling up on Swansea defenders/goalkeeper. As I said at the time, I don't advocate doubling up on any team unless it is someone like United or City that are known for keeping clean sheets. Basically, a top 4 team (not Arsenal though!). I also said at the time that the big 4 tend to keep more clean sheets towards the end of the season as things get to the business side. City are proving that. United have yet to do so but have a good run ahead of them. That's why I have a starting back 3 of Evans, Kompany and BAE for most games, with Turner and Kelly providing cover.

I've always kept Vorm myself and wouldn't drop him. I wouldn't have Vorm and a Swansea defender though. Swansea are reliable but not reliable enough for that IMO!

The stats may well be there to suggest that doubling up on Swansea is a good idea but its something I learned from other seasons: spread your defenders/goalkeepers as best you can and you're not left annoyed when one team concedes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

That assist has been taking off Rvp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

JPA wrote: »
    They always wait.

Done already RVP 3 verm 2 bena rfa 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

carlcon wrote: »
    Were Swansea favourites to have clean sheets this week? Not at all. But it was always possible. The suggestion that "they weren't as good as before", or "had lost it" was just simply untrue.

In your opinion they haven't fallen back. I disagree. Recently they've conceded in home fixtures against the likes of QPR and Norwich. You left Vorm AND Taylor on the bench this week, which shows you weren't confident of a clean sheet. I agree they've probably been the best value all year but that doesn't mean you can't chop and change if you predict they won't continue their good run. I thought they would fall back, and was proven correct. I bought in Caulker last week because I think they will start doing better again, with a good run of home fixtures coming up. I didn't think it would start until after the City game, so I benched Caulker.

Either way, surely getting rid of players during a bad spell and buying them back when they come good is the best way to get ahead in the game, I'm not sure how you can debate this! I got rid of Taylor after GW 21 as I felt there was better options out there, and I advocated others to do the same. After that week Swansea went on a 5 game run with no clean sheets, with Chelsea being the only obviously 'difficult' fixture. So in hindsight was this the correct move? 100% yes... You'll notice I refer to Swansea defenders and not Vorm. I was too late to get him in but think he is 100% the best value keeper in the game, picking up decent points even when Swansea concede.

Lemlin wrote: »
    You worded it there to make it sound like 3 clean sheets in nine games is a poor achievement.

I said 2 clean sheets in 11... 2 in 11. This is probably why you are confused. Numbers are tough! Why would I include the Man City stat when questioning whether to play a Swansea player in said match?? You need to re-read what you are writing before you post.
    How many points has Jose Boswinga who you advocated dropping Swansea defenders returned in the same period?

I'm not sure why you keep thinking Bosingwa was a bad transfer. I understand you feel the need to keep having digs at me but why pick Bosingwa? It's quite confusing based on his stats over that period from GW 21, when, as you say I advocated bringing him in for Swansea defenders. I'll break it down as easy as I can for you.

Bosingwa
    GW 21 - 7
    GW 22 - 8
    GW 23 - 5
    GW 24 - 1
    GW 25 - 0

Notice Im not cutting the stats at GW 23 to suit me, he stopped playing after GW 25 which is when I, and anyone else that had him would have gotten rid. Note that Chelsea kept clean sheets in two of their next three games also, so had he played I would have expected a good return. Now lets look at Taylor over the same period.

Taylor
    GW 21 - 1
    GW 22 - 1
    GW 23 - (-1)
    GW 24 - 5
    GW 25 - 1

You think these stats are bad? The only reason Taylor even got 5 was due to a lucky assist (watch the game). If you had another Swansea defender you would have returned even fewer points. So I'll make this as easy as I can for you... over a three game period Bos destroys him. 20 points versus 1. Over a 5 game period, which is more realistic in terms of people taking my advice and doing that specific swap at that specific time - he still destroys him. 21 points versus 7.

So you are wondering what my motive was for making the swap, and advising others to do so? You would have gotten a return 20 times greater over a 3 game period, and 3 times greater over the 5 games. Show me a swap you have advocated with similar returns. You offer no insightful advice on the board, simply regurgitating other 'obvious' views. Bosingwa is a great player, and a steal at 5.5m. He had a goal and 2 assists inside his first 6 games and if he looks like getting regular football again he'll be straight in my team.
    Incidentally, do you not have Caulker in your own team? Looks to me like you disagree with your own point.

Already answered this above. I'm not getting dragged into another debate with you over my transfers, I'm still ahead of you in the league so I'm obviously doing something right! What is your fascination with my team anyway, concentrate on your own team! I'm guessing bringing in Rooney, Walcott and Evans this week were all bad moves on my part? Similar to getting rid of BAE which has so far proven to be a shrewd transfer. IIRC i was one of the first to transfer him in, getting him way back in GW10. And if you hadn't captained Suarez this week I'm sure you'd be making an issue of that too. Get over it.

And before you ask, no I don't want another argument over PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

41 for the week which is alright considering 8 of my players scored 2 points or less.

Van Persie as captain delivered yet again!

roryc wrote: »
    In your opinion they haven't fallen back. I disagree. Recently they've conceded in home fixtures against the likes of QPR and Norwich. You left Vorm AND Taylor on the bench this week, which shows you weren't confident of a clean sheet. I agree they've probably been the best value all year but that doesn't mean you can't chop and change if you predict they won't continue their good run. I thought they would fall back, and was proven correct. I bought in Caulker last week because I think they will start doing better again, with a good run of home fixtures coming up. I didn't think it would start until after the City game, so I benched Caulker.

Either way, surely getting rid of players during a bad spell and buying them back when they come good is the best way to get ahead in the game, I'm not sure how you can debate this! I got rid of Taylor after GW 21 as I felt there was better options out there, and I advocated others to do the same. After that week Swansea went on a 5 game run with no clean sheets, with Chelsea being the only obviously 'difficult' fixture. So in hindsight was this the correct move? 100% yes... You'll notice I refer to Swansea defenders and not Vorm. I was too late to get him in but think he is 100% the best value keeper in the game, picking up decent points even when Swansea concede.

I said 2 clean sheets in 11... 2 in 11. This is probably why you are confused. Numbers are tough! Why would I include the Man City stat when questioning whether to play a Swansea player in said match?? You need to re-read what you are writing before you post.

I'm not sure why you keep thinking Bosingwa was a bad transfer. I understand you feel the need to keep having digs at me but why pick Bosingwa? It's quite confusing based on his stats over that period from GW 21, when, as you say I advocated bringing him in for Swansea defenders. I'll break it down as easy as I can for you.

Bosingwa
    GW 21 - 7
    GW 22 - 8
    GW 23 - 5
    GW 24 - 1
    GW 25 - 0

Notice Im not cutting the stats at GW 23 to suit me, he stopped playing after GW 25 which is when I, and anyone else that had him would have gotten rid. Note that Chelsea kept clean sheets in two of their next three games also, so had he played I would have expected a good return. Now lets look at Taylor over the same period.

Taylor
    GW 21 - 1
    GW 22 - 1
    GW 23 - (-1)
    GW 24 - 5
    GW 25 - 1

You think these stats are bad? The only reason Taylor even got 5 was due to a lucky assist (watch the game). If you had another Swansea defender you would have returned even fewer points. So I'll make this as easy as I can for you... over a three game period Bos destroys him. 20 points versus 1. Over a 5 game period, which is more realistic in terms of people taking my advice and doing that specific swap at that specific time - he still destroys him. 21 points versus 7.

So you are wondering what my motive was for making the swap, and advising others to do so? You would have gotten a return 20 times greater over a 3 game period, and 3 times greater over the 5 games. Show me a swap you have advocated with similar returns. You offer no insightful advice on the board, simply regurgitating other 'obvious' views. Bosingwa is a great player, and a steal at 5.5m. He had a goal and 2 assists inside his first 6 games and if he looks like getting regular football again he'll be straight in my team.

Already answered this above. I'm not getting dragged into another debate with you over my transfers, I'm still ahead of you in the league so I'm obviously doing something right! What is your fascination with my team anyway, concentrate on your own team! I'm guessing bringing in Rooney, Walcott and Evans this week were all bad moves on my part? Similar to getting rid of BAE which has so far proven to be a shrewd transfer. IIRC i was one of the first to transfer him in, getting him way back in GW10. And if you hadn't captained Suarez this week I'm sure you'd be making an issue of that too. Get over it.

And before you ask, no I don't want another argument over PM.

You didn't include the City game because it doesn't suit your argument. Like it or lump it, the game has happened and Swansea kept a clean sheet. Over the last 11 games:

United - 4
    City - 7
    Spurs - 5
    Arsenal - 2
    Chelsea - 5
    Liverpool - 3
    Swansea - 3

So Swansea have still bettered Arsenal, matched Liverpool and are only magrinally behind United. Considering the cost of defenders, in no way would I have advocated dropping their defenders/goalkeeper over that period given their cost. A team will always have more expensive defenders/goalkeepers and then the cheaper options. Swansea are the best cheap option out there. I always work by a system of three from top teams, 2 from cheaper teams and Swansea will always be a part of my defence this season.

I am concentrating on my own team and doing very well at moving up the table as I said previously. I don't even look at your team to be honest. I read the posts on here and you posted your team last week so I knew Caulker was in it. If you're going to post so much, you can expect people to notice your changes etc. As I said before, I came back to the thread after a weekend away one time and nigh on every second post was yours. With that much exposure, how am I to miss your team? I'd also remind you, once again, that there are plenty of gameweeks left.

In regards to regurgitating other 'obvious' views, was I not the one who said it was a bad idea to drop Kompany for Richards and explained same to you? I was also one of the people who explained to you that Vincent Kompany's playing time would not effect that of Alex Kolarov because one is a central defender and the other plays on the left. Thankfully, someone else was able to do it when you thought that Martin Kelly's playing time would be effected by Agger being missing. Those are pretty elementary mistakes for a lad with such great knowledge to make.

The argument over pm was to stop the bitching on here and annoying people so I'd suggest we cease this one now. Feel free to pm me if you wish to continue but there are other users on here who don't want to read our bitching, as they said previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Just need Enrique to keep quiet tonight, even just a single Everton goal will do, and I can call this week a success.

You didn't include the City game because it doesn't suit your argument.

I didn't include it because my argument was whether or not it was worth PLAYING A SWANSEA DEFENDER IN THE CITY GAME, in response to your comment - "And to think we had people on here predicting the demise of Swansea's clean sheets". You'll pretend this wasn't aimed at me, although I'd love to see you come back with a post from anyone else advocating to get rid of Swansea defenders. More importantly, why would I include the result of the City game in the analysis? Honestly, this isn't tough, I understand you're from Cavan but surely you can realise the flawed logic here, its very, very, very simple. Manipulating stats is one thing but using the City game as a pointer to why you should play a Swansea defender in the City game... Borderline retarded.

Over the last 11 games:

United - 4
    City - 7
    Spurs - 5
    Arsenal - 2
    Chelsea - 5
    Liverpool - 3
    Swansea - 3

So Swansea have still bettered Arsenal, matched Liverpool and are only magrinally behind United.

So Chelse are better than Swansea? The team Bosingwa was in? The player I advocated getting rid of a Swansea player for? My argument was that they would not keep it up, which they didn't, and that Bosingwa was a better option going forward, which he was. I notice you've totally avoided discussing Bosingwa now thats its been clearly spelled out for you? Don't pick and choose which parts to debate, you brought up Bosingwa, not me.

Also, you have admitted United, City and Spurs have more clean sheets over the last 11 games. As have Chelsea. Another one you seem to have left out, which have had a better choice of cheap defenders, Newcastle. Thought I wouldn't notice? They have 4 clean sheets over the last 11 games, so if you needed a cheap defender this was your best option. Also, I never mentioned Arsenal so pointless measuring Swansea up against them.

Considering the cost of defenders, in no way would I have advocated dropping their defenders/goalkeeper over that period given their cost. A team will always have more expensive defenders/goalkeepers and then the cheaper options. I always work by a system of three from top teams, 2 from cheaper teams and .

I have no problem with this, its an obvious strategy that pretty much everyone follows. But it's not what was being discussed. My point was, and always has been that Swansea would not do as well in the second half of the season as they did in the first, and therefore dropping a Swansea defender for someone like Bosingwa, even if only in the short-term, was a good move. If you want to debate this then go ahead, anything else is unrelated.
    As I said before, I came back to the thread after a weekend away one time and nigh on every second post was yours.

This, as you know is bullsh*t. If every second post was mine, prove it. Yet again, you are talking sh*t.
    In regards to regurgitating other 'obvious' views, was I not the one who said it was a bad idea to drop Kompany for Richards and explained same to you? I was also one of the people who explained to you that Vincent Kompany's playing time would not effect that of Alex Kolarov because one is a central defender and the other plays on the left. Thankfully, someone else was able to do it when you thought that Martin Kelly's playing time would be effected by Agger being missing.

Both of these were simply me posting to get information quicker and easier than doing it myself, I've answered numerous similar queries about other players without being a smart-arse. Do you think its that difficult to look up the info online to find out if Agger and Kelly play in the same position?
    Those are pretty elementary mistakes for a lad with such great knowledge to make.

"Such great knowledge to make". Hmmm... I've an Honours Degree in English and I'm afraid I have no idea what this sentence means. I never professed to being a person with a lot of "knowledge to make".
    The argument over pm was to stop the bitching on here and annoying people so I'd suggest we cease this one now. Feel free to pm me if you wish to continue but there are other users on here who don't want to read our bitching, as they said previously.

If the mods think this is b*tching they'll delete it. If you keep trying to have little digs at me on threads I'll reply and as above, point out where your argument is either flawed or outright bullsh*t.

Who was the one interested in the end-results of taking points hits?

Was -4 this week, with 3 subs.

Aguero (1) > Rooney (13) = +12
    Yaya (2) > Young (8) = +7
    Ba (2) > Pogrebnyak (2) = 0
    Extra transfer = -4

+15

I'll take that. Especially since Pog was mostly brought in so I wouldn't miss the bandwagon price rise.

I didn't include it because my argument was whether or not it was worth PLAYING A SWANSEA DEFENDER IN THE CITY GAME, in response to your comment - "And to think we had people on here predicting the demise of Swansea's clean sheets". You'll pretend this wasn't aimed at me, although I'd love to see you come back with a post from anyone else advocating to get rid of Swansea defenders. More importantly, why would I include the result of the City game in the analysis? Honestly, this isn't tough, I understand you're from Cavan but surely you can realise the flawed logic here, its very, very, very simple. Manipulating stats is one thing but using the City game as a pointer to why you should play a Swansea defender in the City game... Borderline retarded.

So Chelse are better than Swansea? The team Bosingwa was in? The player I advocated getting rid of a Swansea player for? My argument was that they would not keep it up, which they didn't, and that Bosingwa was a better option going forward, which he was. I notice you've totally avoided discussing Bosingwa now thats its been clearly spelled out for you? Don't pick and choose which parts to debate, you brought up Bosingwa, not me.

Also, you have admitted United, City and Spurs have more clean sheets over the last 11 games. As have Chelsea. Another one you seem to have left out, which have had a better choice of cheap defenders, Newcastle. Thought I wouldn't notice? They have 4 clean sheets over the last 11 games, so if you needed a cheap defender this was your best option. Also, I never mentioned Arsenal so pointless measuring Swansea up against them.

I have no problem with this, its an obvious strategy that pretty much everyone follows. But it's not what was being discussed. My point was, and always has been that Swansea would not do as well in the second half of the season as they did in the first, and therefore dropping a Swansea defender for someone like Bosingwa, even if only in the short-term, was a good move. If you want to debate this then go ahead, anything else is unrelated.

This, as you know is bullsh*t. If every second post was mine, prove it. Yet again, you are talking sh*t.

Both of these were simply me posting to get information quicker and easier than doing it myself, I've answered numerous similar queries about other players without being a smart-arse. Do you think its that difficult to look up the info online to find out if Agger and Kelly play in the same position?

"Such great knowledge to make". Hmmm... I've an Honours Degree in English and I'm afraid I have no idea what this sentence means. I never professed to being a person with a lot of "knowledge to make".

If the mods think this is b*tching they'll delete it. If you keep trying to have little digs at me on threads I'll reply and as above, point out where your argument is either flawed or outright bullsh*t.

Thanks. I'll clarify the English part for you because people criticising grammer, unless horrendously poor, on an informal, internet forum bugs me a bit. The complete sentence was:

"Those are pretty elementary mistakes for a lad with such great knowledge to make."

Perhaps I should have said "of" great knowledge. I fail to see how you couldn't understand the comment though with your Honours level English degree. Yet more personal information about yourself on a forum about fantasy football, thanks for that.

What I was saying is that anyone with even a borderline, basic knowledge of soccer would know where Kompany/Kolarov play and where Kelly/Agger play. If it was a minor team like Norwich or Swansea, I mightn't know but when its a team like City or 'Pool who are never off TV, I actually find it quite flabbergasting that you wouldn't know what positions their players play in.

• Advertisement

carlcon wrote: »
    Who was the one interested in the end-results of taking points hits?

Was -4 this week, with 3 subs.

Aguero (1) > Rooney (13) = +12
    Yaya (2) > Young (8) = +7
    Ba (2) > Pogrebnyak (2) = 0
    Extra transfer = -4

+15

I'll take that. Especially since Pog was mostly brought in so I wouldn't miss the bandwagon price rise.

I'd still agree with you that the Yak may work out a better signing than Pog though.

I'd still agree with you that the Yak may work out a better signing than Pog though.

Yup. I've a small bet with a friend that Yak would outscore Pog over "the next three games", starting the weekend just gone... so I definitely think he's the better option.

The reason I chose Pog over Yak (this is getting harder to say, since Pog's name ends with Yak!) is because I've got my "perfect team" in mind for the final run-in for the season, and I can only just about afford it if I made all the transfers now... so wanted to up my bank account a bit to make sure I cover any price rises before now and then.

We'll have to wait and see though... Fulham at home have been very good lately. Will be an interesting one against Swansea this week.

What I was saying is that anyone with even a borderline, basic knowledge of soccer would know where Kompany/Kolarov play and where Kelly/Agger play.

Really? I know a lot of people who would have what is a "borderline/basic" knowledge of the sport and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't know specific playing positions of every player thats on one of the big teams 'off the TV'. I don't follow either City or Liverpool all that closely, and as you know I live abroad so I don't pay that much attention to English teams. The easiest way to find basic info like this is to post here where chances are there will be someone with the answer, even if it seems obvious to them. Other posters ask similar questions all the time, are you going to have a go at them too?

As for grammar, yes it's a bit of an easy target to criticise grammar on an internet forum, but its not difficult to ensure your posts are legible, especially when the meaning they are conveying is such utter tripe. At least dress it up so it looks nice.

I'll take the fact that you've ignored the rest of the points as an admission that you have nothing to back up your bullsh*t. No need to descend this into b*tching, if you feel you have more to add to the debate then go ahead. You started this so argue your case.

Really? I know a lot of people who would have what is a "borderline/basic" knowledge of the sport and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't know specific playing positions of every player thats on one of the big teams 'off the TV'. I don't follow either City or Liverpool all that closely, and as you know I live abroad so I don't pay that much attention to English teams. The easiest way to find basic info like this is to post here where chances are there will be someone with the answer, even if it seems obvious to them. Other posters ask similar questions all the time, are you going to have a go at them too?

As for grammar, yes it's a bit of an easy target to criticise grammar on an internet forum, but its not difficult to ensure your posts are legible, especially when the meaning they are conveying is such utter tripe. At least dress it up so it looks nice.

I'll take the fact that you've ignored the rest of the points as an admission that you have nothing to back up your bullsh*t. No need to descend this into b*tching, if you feel you have more to add to the debate then go ahead. You started this so argue your case.

Other posters aren't as pretentious as you.

What about my post did you fail to find legible? I'm typing quickly because I tend to come in and out of here during the day when I find a few minute to have a read and break up the day.

I've ignored the rest of your post because I'm not @rsed with it. You advocated dropping Swansea defenders. I don't agree with it. I've presented my argument. You've presented yours and you've transferred a Swansea defender back into your team so I guess you agree with my argument also, despite the fact that you're going to great lengths now to disagree with something you're doing yourself i.e. having a Swansea defender.

Now, do you want me to type the above in French for you to understand? Us Cavan hicks can't type proper grammar for educated men like yourself after all.

I've ignored the rest of your post because I'm not @rsed with it. You advocated dropping Swansea defenders. I don't agree with it.

Yep, I advocated dropping them when I thought they would have a dip in form, and have bought them back now when I think they will do better, which so far they have. If you don't agree with making decisions which are +EV, then perhaps this is why you aren't doing as well as you would like? Even with your results based thinking you can't give any momentum to your argument. Regardless of what you think, dropping a Swansea player for Bosingwa or a number of others was the right move. You realise you can't argue this anymore so you've come back with the 'Im not arsed' line.

As for being pretentious, you're the guy who's pointed out on numerous occasions how you won this league last year, correct?
    I've presented my argument.

You've presented bullsh*t, backed up with skewed stats which include the game we were discussing. Good argument.
    You've presented yours and you've transferred a Swansea defender back into your team so I guess you agree with my argument also,

This is why you cannot debate. You make your own conclusions based on absolutely nothing. I don't agree with your 'argument', it's based on a rubbish hypotesis and is full of holes, and me bringing back in a Swansea defender LAST WEEK has absolutely nothing to do with the point. You are, again, talking sh*t.

Yep, I advocated dropping them when I thought they would have a dip in form, and have bought them back now when I think they will do better, which so far they have. If you don't agree with making decisions which are +EV, then perhaps this is why you aren't doing as well as you would like? Even with your results based thinking you can't give any momentum to your argument. Regardless of what you think, dropping a Swansea player for Bosingwa or a number of others was the right move. You realise you can't argue this anymore so you've come back with the 'Im not arsed' line.

As for being pretentious, you're the guy who's pointed out on numerous occasions how you won this league last year, correct?

You've presented bullsh*t, backed up with skewed stats which include the game we were discussing. Good argument.

This is why you cannot debate. You make your own conclusions based on absolutely nothing. I don't agree with your 'argument', it's based on a rubbish hypotesis and is full of holes, and me bringing back in a Swansea defender LAST WEEK has absolutely nothing to do with the point. You are, again, talking sh*t.

In response:

1. I said I'm not @arsed because I'm not. One only has to look at this Board and the amount of posts we each have to notice I'm not as bothered as you are. I don't have the time to be as bothered as you are.
    2. Please quote and link where I pointed out that I won the league last year.
    3. I presented two sets of stats. I don't see how they are in any way skewed. One was clean sheets over 9 games. You weren't happy with that so I presented clean sheets over 11 games.
    4. I made that conclusion based on the fact that you transferred in a Swansea defender. So how is my conclusion based on nothing?

We're going to go round and round in circles here. I've no problem admitting I was wrong about Bosingwa. I presumed you had meant a long term transfer and not a short term one. As a short term transfer, he was a good move. I've no problem admitting that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

RVP getting the bonus has put a small bit of gloss on what was a poor week

50 points with Enrique to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Any chance of the Mods creating a new roryc v Lemlin Forum?

Liverpool XI vs Everton: Reina; Kelly, Carra, Skrtel, Enrique; Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing, Downing; Carroll, Suarez” 

Everton : Howard, Baines, Hibbo, Jags, Distin, Fellaini, Rodwell, Pienaar, Coleman, Strac, Anichebe” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Delighted that Kuyt isn't in there. One of my friends has him.

Hopefully Carroll up top with Suarez will result in a few goals. Probably not though :(.

Just heard the Everton line-up... did I miss his name, or is Osman not playing? I thought he might be the underdog top pick for the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Pretty much all of everton's goal threats are'n't playing tonight. Jelavic, Osman and Drenthe all missing from the starting line-up. This is good news for me because Liverpool have a better chance of keeping a clean sheet what with Drenthe's 100mph shots not a threat tonight. But what is Moyes thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pretty much all of everton's goal threats are'n't playing tonight. Jelavic, Osman and Drenthe all missing from the starting line-up. This is good news for me because Liverpool have a better chance of keeping a clean sheet what with Drenthe's 100mph shots not a threat tonight. But what is Moyes thinking?

Nil-nil

manual_man wrote: »
    Nil-nil

hopefully but Heitinga isn't playing for Everton for some reason so it could be good news for Suarez owners.

manual_man wrote: »
    Nil-nil

hopefully but Heitinga isn't playing for Everton for some reason so it could be good news for Suarez owners.

I think that reason is coz Moyes is afraid he'd get sent off. Jagielka is a more level head

• Advertisement

Suarez should have a goal and a assist already :(

Suarez can score a hat-trick for all I care now. I just need an Everton goal to end a decent GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Gerrard goal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Looks like Kelly with the assist.

I heard Reina was gonna save a penalty tonight. It might just be a rumour but Im just saying what I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I heard Reina was gonna save a penalty tonight. It might just be a rumour but Im just saying what I heard.

Captain? :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Looks like Kelly with the assist.

Took a point hit to get him this week. Happy with that.

Gerrard goal again . Suarez assist

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Captain? :p

Nah, I passed on that one although I did seriously consider it. I was probably wrong in going with the yak, 2more saves and Reina has the same amount of points he has. Pool clean sheet looks very possible tonight. Poor team selection from Moyes will be the fault if they do.

Another gerrard goal and another Suarez assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Gerrard goal again . Suarez assist

and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

that takes the pain of the weekend away
    14 for cpt skrt and 8 for reina

my bench of evans caulker and mig was depressing me

66 pre boni. 8 pt hit but well worth it! Capt Suarez, Rooney and Enrique all doin the biz

So who went with Gerrard? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice of Suarez to lay it off to Gerrard at the end, Suarez would probly have missed had he took on the shot knowing his close finishing.

Every chance now of Suarez adding 2 BPs to his score as well.

FU Hibbert and your stupid yellow card right at the end though.

• Advertisement

Pretty class week I have to say. 72 pre BPs with another 3 to come from Sigurdsson off the bench. If Suarez gets the 2 BPs he deserves then I'll be on 79. Not too bad for a week where I thought I'd made a massive mistake putting my faith in Suarez.

KevIRL wrote: »
    FU Hibbert and your stupid yellow card right at the end though.

Same for Enrique. Stupid as **** from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Enrique, Skrtel and Suarez (c)...BOOM:cool:

Pretty class week I have to say. 72 pre BPs with another 3 to come from Sigurdsson off the bench. If Suarez gets the 2 BPs he deserves then I'll be on 79. Not too bad for a week where I thought I'd made a massive mistake putting my faith in Suarez.

Aye, on 74 now myself, and Suarez capt will mean 79 if he gets the 2 BPs. Plus Suarez capt is a nice differential for me as a lot of my league rivals dont have him at all and had capt on RVP or Rooney and I have RVP and Rooney. Nice ground gained

Same for Enrique. Stupid as **** from him.

That softens the blow somewhat, a lot of rivals have Enrique.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Aye, on 74 now myself, and Suarez capt will mean 79 if he gets the 2 BPs. Plus Suarez capt is a nice differential for me as a lot of my league rivals dont have him at all and had capt on RVP or Rooney and I have RVP and Rooney. Nice ground gained

Yea it'll be huge ground gained. I fell 1,000 in the overall rankings on the basis of that RVP goal yesterday I reckon. This is potentially 20 points that they wouldn't have had today, and another 5/6 if they hadn't got a L'Pool defender.

A great nights football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Stupid f*cking Suarez and Enrique.....

Wan*ers.

I'm top of my money league for the first time today but stupid Suarez and Enrique means I'm going to be like 15 points behind again....

Arrghgh infuriating game.

Balls just realised Sigurdsson won't be coming off the bench for me. Forgot ya can't play two at the back. Senderos it is so. That extra point I've lost is a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Gerrard's price has fallen more that I'd originally thought. Down to 9.8m. That makes him an interesting proposition even if Liverpool are horribly unreliable. I can't help but feel I'll finish the season with either him or Lampard.

• Advertisement

IN SUAREZ WE TRUST.

Finally cracked back into the top 1,000, I'm banking on Captain Suarez picking up 2 BP's, so should hopefully see a little more movement. Couldn't have picked a better time to use my WC, brought in Rooney, Suarez (c), Enrique, Walcott and Evans for a total of 51 points between them.

On 69 so far. Bit annoyed about putting Simpson ahead of Caulker on my bench, and Bogdan in goal over Mignolet - cost me 12 points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement