Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish workers in Western Australia could face three year passport ban

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

“For those large employers who are found to be hiring people illegally the average fine of €5-10k is unlikely to have a significant impact on the business. However, what Irish workers may not know is that their punishment could be a lot more severe – they could face a three year ban on their passport. In addition, for those who have family and loved ones in Australia, they may have to leave them behind.”

Those businesses should be held more accountable. Afterall their the one's employing people illegally, most likely knowing right well what their doing.

It really pays for those seeking employment out here to ensure that everything is above water in terms of their employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

A friend of mine was works for one of the big Irish firms in Sydney and the boss was given a friendly warning at the end of January that they could expect spot raids.

I suppose the number of over-stayers are going up and lads landing out on tourist visa's looking work, DIAC are not stupid these people have to work somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

While I am sure it is true, the article reads a bit like an advertisement if you ask me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Nice bit of advertising for the company mentioned in the article. Can't imagine that there would be many Irish people in this situation..

Advertisement