Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote summer 2012

Options
  • 10-03-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Planning on working in lanzarote for a couple of months in the summer. Anyone else doing the same?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Know plenty who have. Easy enough to get bar work but long hours and not the best of pay from what I recall. Anyone I knew who did it spent their wages on drink once paid. Very little saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eejit93

Any info on accommodation? Cheapest I can find is 400 a month which I think is a bit steep :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Eejit93 wrote: »
    Any info on accommodation? Cheapest I can find is 400 a month which I think is a bit steep :/

I know apartments that are charging roughly 200-250 a week. Lanzarote gets a lot of tourists, who will pay to fill out the apartments and/or hotels.

Maybe go over on a holiday, look around and try secure something in person? A lot of what is on the internet is probably with the intention of renting to tourists and not workers.

Id also really only know about Puerto Del Carmen.

Advertisement