Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Milk (Powder)

Options
  • 10-03-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have been searching online for the best deal for Cow and Gate Comfort. What's very obvious is the blatant price fixing. All the online stores seem to charge the same price for the Milk. There is no variation in the prices at all. May make a complaint to competition authority. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone knows of or has found an online store/supermarket that sells Cow and Gate and others at a better price than what is currently available in Ireland ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

see smccarricks post about boots on the bargains thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It's not price-fixing. It is against EU law to discount breastmilk substitutes for under 6 month olds.
    Point-of-sale advertising, giving of samples or any other promotional device to induce sales of infant formula directly to the consumer at the retail level, such as special displays, discount coupons, premiums, special sales, loss-leaders and tie-in sales are prohibited.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

I cant see any logical reason why it would be against EU Law
    It's not price-fixing. It is against EU law to discount breastmilk substitutes for under 6 month olds.

Eurospar were running a promotion on Cow and Gate last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Dad11 wrote: »
    I cant see any logical reason why it would be against EU Law

It's to promote breastfeeding.

• Advertisement

oh ok. Fair enough!

It's to promote breastfeeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As someone who started buying formula a couple of yrs back, the prices are actually better now than back then, so be thankful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

and cheaper than the uk!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have never seen it cheaper then the UK but back in 09 it was twice the price in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

When i started my job in 2008 aptamil 1, 900g was 16.99. It went to 10.49 in may 2009.

• Advertisement
Advertisement