Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Banging

• 10-03-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I have a banging noise coming from my boiler when the burner reaches a certain temperature. IE very hot not sure what the temperature is.

The boiler was working fine on till one day I decided to try heat up the house fast so i turned up the boiler to max to get the rad's hotter.

Went out and when i came back the boiler was banging so i turned it of when I turned it back on after it cooled down it was still banging so I messed about with the valves' under it release some water out side and it was working again.

Only thing is now if I have the heating on for a few hour's the boiler stat's to bang.

Any idea's thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

What make of boiler is it????
    sounds like there is a circulating problem there, either it could be the heat exchanger, blocked filter, or a pump problem

Advertisement