Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend was robbed, I'm in the market for a system and so is he.

Options
  • 10-03-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Morning all,
    A buddy was broken into last night.

I've had some success in the past with an ip camera in catching someone coming into the house but now I want something a little more reputable.

I'm thinking of an ip camera setup that will record all motion triggered etc to a central storage device that will also email me the video clip or snapshot of the photos when motion is detected.

What's out there on the market? I'd sooner have this than eircom as I will get instant notification of the movement and can then ring the guards myself. Also, if it would send SMS messages that would be an extra bonus for me as sometimes the Internet may go down.

I recall Maplin having something like this but interested to know what you guys are using.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most of your requirements there are fairly standard.
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky . I woulkd recommend any of those over Maplin's. Condor Security do some very good dealss on kits etc.
    CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12.
    01 409 7733/34

They would also be very helpful with tech support etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

One or two of these around the house would be no harm if you are worried about the internet going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

altor wrote: »
    One or two of these around the house would be no harm if you are worried about the internet going down.

Looks class altor. Any idea on a cost? Dropped them an email anyhow.

Cringer wrote: »

Might be handy to have as a back up just in case the internet is down.
    Yea the S-PIR is GBP £129.00 ex VAT & delivery, ExpressGSM is GBP £99.00 ex VAT & delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

How about software based system -
    I have this installed at home: http://www.ispyconnect.com/
    Seems to handle most IP cameras (and web cams) so can be cheap setup.

Does all the motion detection/emailing snapshots and can access the cameras via mobile browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cringer wrote: »
    altor wrote: »
    Might be handy to have as a back up just in case the internet is down.
    Yea the S-PIR is GBP £129.00 ex VAT & delivery, ExpressGSM is GBP £99.00 ex VAT & delivery.

bearing in mind you have to top up the SMS card. (pain in the arse)

listermint wrote: »
    bearing in mind you have to top up the SMS card. (pain in the arse)

Not really if the sim is registered on line. By doing this you can check credit plus top it up without having to take the sim out of the unit.

Advertisement