Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park anywhere people.

• 10-03-2012 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Parnell Street, John Street, John's Square seem to be the worst for this as far as I can see, where people double and triple park slap on their hazards and vanish. There has been a few times when I've been stuck behind what I thought was a line of traffic on Parnell Street only to find out that the series of cars were abandoned.

Why is this a commonly accepted practice? Who is actually responsible to get them to move along and why aren't they doing their job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

2 Traffic Wardens.
    Employment Embargo.
    People in General.

All Major contributing problems.

People being the worst especially around Danes Bakery. It seems to be acceptable to abandon your vehicle on the left hand side of the road with little regard for others.

Sometimes Gardai will ask people to move on. I mentioned here before nearly getting knocked down by a Garda Jeep who was trying to clear illegal parkers on William Street. They do try but as soon as they move on, the lights go green and another load of bastards arrive and park there all over again.

Oh an Taxis on William Street, I really hate them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Since William street has been nearly finished it has become full of people peaking illegally. Go into town nearly everyday and you will see three or four cars parked in the right hand lane up William street, hazards on and cars abandoned, taxis are also at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Any time there is a funeral on in Thompsons, Wickham Street turns into one large display of atrociously abandoned cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

Anne Street and Thomas Street are constantly being blocked like this. Really annoys me. I think it's even worse when there is someone still in the passenger seat. It's like they have no shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tesco's in Coonagh, never seen so many cars parked right outside the door or in the Disabled spots with not a disabled sticker on the windscreen in sight. Laziness and ignorance of the highest order.

A private towaway contractor could make a nice wage from that place alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Taxi Drivers at the rank on William Street outside Boots are really getting on my nerves with their double (and wait for it...often triple parking)! :mad:

Bring back the Obnoxious parking thread in motors I say.

Here is a mad one from Newport the other day. Not so bad when I took the picture but when the pumps filled up it was just mad. Old woman was doing a mini trolley shop in the shop. :eek:

`fc11a80b-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

If you can't triple park then just park on the path, yet another one of those bad parking areas, the Corbally Road.

pathparking.jpg

LOL I once drove down that footpath all the way from there to the Topaz.

Fair enough it was years ago during the crazy floods and you couldn't see the road for water.(christmas day)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

bazz26 wrote: »
    Tesco's in Coonagh, never seen so many cars parked right outside the door or in the Disabled spots with not a disabled sticker on the windscreen in sight. Laziness and ignorance of the highest order.

A private towaway contractor could make a nice wage from that place alone.

hate that myself, but there is a massive amount of disabled spaces, and
    none for parent and child from what i can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maybe we can have an Obnoxious Limerick Parking thread BB?

<snip>

All I am saying is - there is a hell of a lot of really bad parking in Limerick. Should be able to rake up a few hundred pages pretty quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭touts

Do what the taxi drivers did a few years ago to stop people parking in the taxi ranks on Sundays. Anytime you see someone parked with a total disregard for others phone Henry street Garda station. If enough people do that they will eventually get pissed off enough to send someone out on ticketing duty a couple of hours a day and that will stop the problem. Plus the revenue raised will go to the state rather than some nasty little bollox with a clamp.

Try this.

Junction of Henry Street and Sarsfield Street(Not working on lights but working in old Benetton)

7f0604dd.jpg

Here is an example of William Street

fdbd2843.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

This site was recommended to me a few months ago, so here is the link

YouParkLikeA*un*.com

you have to type the actual word, enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

The Taxi drivers parked on the right at the start of William street are a danger to drivers. I usually approach the start of William street, in my truck, on the right lane and then have to use my side mirrors to merge into left hand lane.

Had time to spare one day and just stopped behind a parked taxi in the right hand lane and honked briefly from time to time. No effect, other than the other taxi drivers giving me dirty looks.

I wonder how much business Taxi drivers lose by pissing off the public. I mean I would never take a taxi because of the way they treat the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

What pisses me off most about taxi drivers on William Street is they double park and there's an empty rank on Sarsfield Street. It makes no sense. It just highlights how rude they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Bring back the Obnoxious parking thread in motors I say.

Here is a mad one from Newport the other day. Not so bad when I took the picture but when the pumps filled up it was just mad. Old woman was doing a mini trolley shop in the shop. :eek:

`fc11a80b-1.jpg

hahaha she parks like that everytime i see her its wrose at 4 o clock when i collect the brother from school hehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

hate that myself, but there is a massive amount of disabled spaces, and
    none for parent and child from what i can see

Parent and child spaces are Conveniently 2 lanes over to the left as you look out the front door of coonagh....Stupid isnt it!
    They also don't seem to be any wider from what I can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Beer Baron wrote: »
    2 Traffic Wardens.
    Employment Embargo.
    People in General.

All Major contributing problems.

People being the worst especially around Danes Bakery. It seems to be acceptable to abandon your vehicle on the left hand side of the road with little regard for others.

Sometimes Gardai will ask people to move on. I mentioned here before nearly getting knocked down by a Garda Jeep who was trying to clear illegal parkers on William Street. They do try but as soon as they move on, the lights go green and another load of bastards arrive and park there all over again.

Oh an Taxis on William Street, I really hate them. :D

William St. seems to have a different number of lanes everytime I drive on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Have noticed more and more people parking their cars on and indeed blocking footpaths in the city centre of late.

One guy on Davis Street regularly parks right across the path (near Kebab takeaway) forcing people onto the street.

Another spot on Mallow St, outside the now closed M-Sign and Jakes' shops, also attract the park-it-anywhere mob who think leaving their cars on the sidewalks is a way of avoiding the bother of paying for a disc.

While not in the same league, special mention to those who leave their vehicles virtually abandoned outside the Bus station main exit. Was on a bus coming out of there over the w/e and the driver had to perform a major manouever to get around some idiot who left his car right across much of the driveway - he was still standing by his car with a dumbfukc look on him as our bus had to swerve around to avoid him.

All to save himself a euro in parking inside the station car park properly or park properly just 100m up the street for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

I once saw a woman in a large jeep park across the entrance of Cruises St. As she got out the jeep starting rolling backwards towards traffic. She got back in, put on the handbrake, got back out and ran into HMV. Moron! I think she had kids in the back too :-(

Got a beaut at the crescent shopping center today - could have gotten more but I would have been in trouble with the OH. Our native ethnic group parked on a walkway:

AoIPXZLCAAAKhOD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

They ALWAYS do that, and then complain "bloody pedestrians getting in our way"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Closed because: a) what someone does in a shopping centre carpark has nothing to do with traffic problems in the city, b) risk of this thread turning into a rant against Travellers, c) I don't feel comfortable having pictures that clearly identify people's reg. plates and d) I saw the trouble the Motors mods had with their old thread, and I don't fancy dealing with similar issues over the long weekend.

I think there could be a decent thread about bad parking (the stuff with taxi drivers and double-parkers in town especially) but photos from petrol stations and carparks don't sit well with me. If someone PMs me next week to remind me, I might work out some way of getting this thread going on a good track again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement