Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint 30th & 50th

Options
  • 10-03-2012 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi everyone, Just wondering if I could get some ideas on this.
    I am throwing a joint 30th & 50th with my Dad.
    I was wondering, would you go with a band or DJ.... And how would you word invitations...?????? :confused:
    We have a big extended family and between my friends, dads friends there are a lot of people that should be invited.. I don't know what to do ..??
    Any help or advise would be greatly accepted..

Thank you all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Quebec Delta Mike

Hi april82,

You seem to have a typical "wedding" type event there, with ages from 20s up to 60s or beyond, so something for everyone is needed. Unless you want a specific style of music, which most bands do, the exception being "pop" style cover bands, then go with a DJ.
    Any decent cover band will be charging roughly €150-€200 per band member, so do your sums there.(Don't use the word wedding if booking, it's a licence to boost their price) You should obviously get a large discount if it's not a Friday or Saturday event, the prime gig nights for any working band.
    Good DJs for events like yours are really hard to find, and best done on a recommendation. They can tailor the music to suit the event, and theme it around the different age groups. Although prices have been depressed lately, don't risk a "budget" DJ, anyone charging less than €200 for instance. A good DJ will have built up his equipment through the years, and be knowledgeable about music, you should be able to suss this out simply by talking to him first.
    Depending on the size of your crowd, and the size of the room, the DJ will have appropriate sound and lighting equipment to suit. Expect to pay between €250-€300 for a four hour performance, though ensure he is flexible on the night with finishing time.
    There are threads on band/DJ pricing etc to be found at "radiowaves forums", where many DJs discuss the current state of the market.
    So do your research first, but mainly ask your friends for recommendations first.

QDM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 april82

Hi QDA,

Thank you very much for all your advice, you really know your stuff..!!

I will get onto friends and see what they say too, great idea..

Thanks again :)

Advertisement