Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing nationality of an iPhone

• 10-03-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭

I was living in France when I activated my iPhone (3gs, iOS 5.1) so it is French in the iTunes store.

Someone bought me an iTunes voucher and it only works in Ireland, is there any way of changing it to be an Irish iPhone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I was living in France when I activated my iPhone (3gs, iOS 5.1) so it is French in the iTunes store.

Someone bought me an iTunes voucher and it only works in Ireland, is there any way of changing it to be an Irish iPhone?

You will need to log-out of the iTunes store and then change country (it's at the bottom if the Store on the iPhone). You will have to create a new account though, which is a pain. Alternatively if you no longer live in france you can change your country and billing address in your account. This should take you to the Irish store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not the phone, it's the account. As said above, create a new account for the new country.
    This is a pain since every time an old app (for France) needs updating you'll have to provide the French account details for that.

One of many small things about Apple that bugs me but I've learned to live with (as you do).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

You can or at least you could change the country of your account
    I changed my NZ account back to Ireland about 18months ago, the only problem was I had 30cent credit, and you cannot change country while you have credit in your account, I was unable to spend this credit as there was nothing for 30cent in the app store, I had to request apple take my 30cent then changed the country to Ireland.
    You need to do this on a computer not on the iphone

Advertisement