Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheeky prick!

• 10-03-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on my FB news feed, someone hit my friends car this morning and realized one of the neighbors saw it happen so the person that hit the car wrote this down and put it in her letterbox.

Click to see note

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

The 1980's e-mailed, they'd like their urban myth back please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

There are some really idiotic and downright dangerous drivers out there. And then there are the pricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Question: How come Pricks doesnt get ******?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious ****"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Profiler wrote: »

What do you mean by that? And who used e-mail in the 1980's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

PrettyBoy wrote: »

The military.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Flux capacitor......... fluxxing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

this is older then 90% of the people on this site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Night fever, Night Fever

*Gone to put on my solar flares
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

What he means is that nobody hit your friends car this morning, or left them a note.

“The trouble with things posted on the internet is that it’s difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine.”

Abraham Lincoln - 1864

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

What makes you think this doesn't actually happen? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

How the **** did he know what kind of jumper the guy had?

Ficheall wrote: »
    What makes you think this doesn't actually happen? :confused:

What makes you think it does actually happen?

If I was a neighbor and saw this... I'd take a note of the registration number of the offending vehicle... or use my camera phone to snap a pic of the car and the driver...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It possibly does, but not to the OP's friend, 'this morning'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Its hardly far fetched. On fact the culprit could well have gotten the idea from the internet.

What makes you think it does actually happen?
    Because many people are dishonest and would, I suspect, sooner choose to save themselves some hassle and money while being very "witty" than do the honest thing.
    And given that, as you point out, the entire world has heard of this, it's not as though the offender had to come up with the plan on the spot.
    It happened to someone in the car park outside our office last year.
    If I was a neighbor and saw this... I'd take a note of the registration number of the offending vehicle... or use my camera phone to snap a pic of the car and the driver...
    Not everyone has the eyesight, technology, memory, or neighbourly interest to do that though.
    looksee wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree with you - it's just that some people seem to be posting under the impression that it can't happen in real life... because everyone has heard about it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I don't care what anyone says the old jokes are the best.

What he means is that nobody hit your friends car this morning, or left them a note.
    looksee wrote: »

Hmmm I don't know, I saw it on my news feed this morning and just said I'd post it here. Maybe it did happen, maybe it didn't I'll have to ask her next time I see her.

• Advertisement

It happened to someone in the car park outside our office last year.

I know it did... cuz it was me what done it... mmuuuhhhh ha ha ha ha... I did it to save my no claims bonus ... and I'm not one bit sorry!

See how easy it is to claim on the internet that something happened ;)

Does that mean it actually did? well I leave that for you to decide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I did. IBM5520 - used electronic mail from the London office to contact the American offices when I worked in an oil company. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

“The trouble with things posted on the internet is that it’s difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine.”

Abraham Lincoln - 1864
    He said that ? ...Wow.I hope he wups Obamas ass and get's elected again .

I know it did... cuz it was me what done it... mmuuuhhhh ha ha ha ha... I did it to save my no claims bonus ... and I'm not one bit sorry!
    See - there are such arsewipes out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A nice but true story, a girl I know came out of work only to be greeted by her door all crumpled up, but under her wiper was an explanation how it happened (his son took the hand brake off while he was in the shop) Name, address, phone number.

She thought the honesty was was wonderful it restored her faith in people, so she went to the garage and screwed your man for the whole side of the car, and when he settled one to one she just took the 500 and went on a weekend break.

Nah she just told him it was fine, it was an old car and had a few dints anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

WindSock wrote: »
    Its hardly far fetched. On fact the culprit could well have gotten the idea from the internet.
    Agreed. Never heard of it myself actually - it is kinda funny IMO but also kuntish. If it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

but it was on his friends facebook status, are you saying that facebook status' are not a reliable source of news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I saw that trick on Veronica Mars a few years ago, I remembering thinking how clever it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

WindSock wrote: »

And then went out to find a car to crash into with a neighbour watching to see if it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think the first time that note appeared, it was done in hieroglyphics on papyrus after an incident with a chariot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Ah come on now hasn't everyone done this at least once after some form of parking incident.

I know I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that exact picture has been floating around the internet forever, you can even google it, just google search "hit car note" theres loads of the exact same note.

did you know that there are cats who supposedly like cheezburgers on here too?

krudler wrote: »
    that exact picture has been floating around the internet forever, you can even google it, just google search "hit car note" theres loads of the exact same note.

did you know that there are cats who supposedly like cheezburgers on here too?

:eek::eek:The plot thickens:D

Can't find that particular note.
    The fact that the OP states the offender knew which house the car owner lived in is a little suspect though...

• Advertisement

Can't find that particular note.
    The fact that the OP states the offender knew which house the car owner lived in is a little suspect though...

He might have asked the watching neighbour....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

44leto wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says the old jokes are the best.

Agreed. If I was left that note and hadn't already seen it on the internet, I'd find it pretty funny.

Searched but can't find it, she does drive a black Polo though! Few of her friends on FB fell for it anyway :)

Advertisement