Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECU for Citroen C4 2005 1.4Petrol

• 10-03-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Does anyone know of a secondhand car parts seller or a scrapyard that would have an ECU for a Citroen C4 2005 model?

Am I correct in assuming there are different kinds of ECU? Assuming it's an electrical contact/wiring problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Try www.partfinder.ie
    If you need to fit a secondhand engine ecu then you will also need to fit a matching bsi and keyfob as they are coded to each other.
    Did you try a engine bay fusebox...?..thats the first thing i would test before
    fitting an enigne ecu,bsi etc

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SaKi-The-Killer

I've emailed them,cheers.
    I'm gonna get a second opinion and find out about the fusebox etc.
    Cheers for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 damo244

Hi had same problem with my skoda octavia 3 years ago brought it to skoda dealer and they told me ecu and a couple of other things were gone and would cost €900 to fix,as i did not have €900 i got it towed to a guy who does diagnostics,he had it for 3hrs i drove home with it,he laughed when i told him what i was told,he said it needed software upgraded and tested and the cost wait for it €55.get it checked if you can could save you a lot of hassel in the long run.hope you get sorted.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 doylepad

For secondhand Citroen parts try Mark Allen - down near Broadway / Rosslare in Wexford. 053-31166. Loc8code ZQR-29-N26. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 comonurs

Hi,
    I've had a couple of problems recently with the dpf which has resulted in an injector replacement at a mazda dealer after the most recent going into limp mode on M50 but diagnostics keep telling them pcm replacement required because it says the injector is not calibrating. They say they have tried everything mazda uk come back to them with bar changing all injectors which they plan to do next (from a donor car). Has anyone had any experience of this sort of thing? Anything please that doesn't end up with me spending 1000's on pcm replacement????
    Any help or advice would be appreciated!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Nadia71

damo244 wrote: »
    Hi had same problem with my skoda octavia 3 years ago brought it to skoda dealer and they told me ecu and a couple of other things were gone and would cost €900 to fix,as i did not have €900 i got it towed to a guy who does diagnostics,he had it for 3hrs i drove home with it,he laughed when i told him what i was told,he said it needed software upgraded and tested and the cost wait for it €55.get it checked if you can could save you a lot of hassel in the long run.hope you get sorted.:)

Hi....my car is showing the depollution sign, car stops midway when driving. Could you plz give me the contact you used to sort urs???

Advertisement