Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Introduction to Advanced Motorcycle Training!

• 10-03-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All,

I’m proposing to provide an introduction to Advanced Motorcycling Training based on the Police Roadcraft System on Saturday the 24th of March in Limerick. There will be no charge for the training.

The focus will primarily be about the benefits of advanced motorcycling techniques and it will also inform and encourage participants about the notion of the RoSPA and IAM advanced motorcycling skills tests, what they are about and what’s involved in applying for and doing them. The training therefore will consist of some classroom discussion, some car park work and then onto the roads to include L,R,N and M road types. I’ll provide the hotel room, tea/coffee, car park area, all class materials and a radio link on the roads.

The training is open to motorcyclists who have a genuine desire to up skill and who have never done a RoSPA or IAM skills test before. You must produce a current full Irish A licence on the day as well as a current insurance certificate and current tax disc. Your motorcycle must be in a roadworthy condition as does the rider and you must come properly attired in appropriate personal protective equipment.

I’ll be running the training at a loss given the cost of hiring the hotel room, tea/coffee, projector, producing class material not to mention of time and fuel but I really would be grateful for a donation on the day to NCBI, the National Council for the Blind of Ireland. If you can’t afford to do that you are still welcome to attend.

Places will be limited to four motorcyclists. If there are more than four interested then I will simply put the names in a hat and pick four from it. You don’t necessarily have to be a forum member and so if this is something that might interest you or a friend then you can find out more and enter your name by going to our website and following the training link. You must register your interest before Wednesday 21st next.

Ride Safe…

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Fair play to you.
    I've did my third rospa test last september and recommend training to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Irlanski

Idleater wrote: »
    Fair play to you.
    I've did my third rospa test last september and recommend training to anyone.

Advanced training makes for enjoyable motorcycling too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I'd jump at this chance man, but I am busy that day. Stuff I can't get out of doing, bugger! If there is any chance you are running this again, I'll be first on board. Fair play to you for organizing it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Irlanski

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I'd jump at this chance man, but I am busy that day. Stuff I can't get out of doing, bugger! If there is any chance you are running this again, I'll be first on board. Fair play to you for organizing it all the same.

Yeah...I might possibly run it again in 3 weeks or so, given that I've all the groundwork done for this first effort. It's easy to reproduce it a second time round. Keep an eye on the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Would love to attend but work Saturdays and I'm 150km away. But fair play to ya for offering this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement