Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology - Help!

• 10-03-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey guys,
    The course is sooo long!Are any of you planning on leaving out some chapters? I hate all the chapters on plants; transport& structure, sexual reproduction etc.Could you get away with leaving those chapters outand still do well?I'm aiming for a B1/2 and I don't know whether to take my chances and leave them!What are you guys doing ?
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I think that of the 4 sections - DNA, ecology, photosynthesis/resp and plants - you can afford to leave out one and still do very well. You would have to be very comfortable with the other 3 though, and with all the other smaller sections on the paper, as you're cutting out one of the long questions and so leaving yourself with less choice.

Some of the plant stuff isn't too bad (structure, the first couple of chapters I think) but if you can't get your head around the more complicated reproduction chapters and all that then you may as well leave them out.

If you want to be sure, read through each of the papers and make sure that you can still answer the minimum you need to on the paper without doing the plant related questions.

Also I would still do the plant experiments, there's very little in them!

Advertisement