Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert Boiler Stove.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Thanks Cranefly, thats a great idea about the door. I'll be looking forward to next winter now already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭BPH

Hi Brianne, just read this thread and I'm wondering which boiler did you go with in the end ? I'm in the same situation as your self, I'm looking for a stove to heat the house and heat the sitting room also. If you didn't get a chance to install one yet then sorry for bothering you.

Would you believe BPH I have nt purchased yet and must get this done before the winter. Both the Esse and the Arrow sound to be the best according to reports from people on here. Its a big decision. Have you seen any of these inserts in operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭BPH

Brianne wrote: »
    Would you believe BPH I have nt purchased yet and must get this done before the winter. Both the Esse and the Arrow sound to be the best according to reports from people on here. Its a big decision. Have you seen any of these inserts in operation?

Haven't done much looking to be honest. I'm just starting to look now. Thanks for your quick response.

Another poster on here has the Charnwood and is very pleased with that also and I ve seen good reviews of that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

cranefly wrote: »
    we recently had an esse 350 greenswitch with boiler installed, as someone who is not up to date with many stoves on sale i had a hard time to to search the internet for the right one for me, i had no idea that inset stoves could fit into a regular fireplace opening, 16 to 18 inch. a neighbour had one installed a unico i think from poland and he was very happy with it, 11 kw, 9 to heat water and 2kw for room, he had it installed with the same company he bought it from. we have a dormer bungalow and 13 rads, 7 of them doubles and liked the idea of an insert rather than a stand alone, after alot of searching it came to a choice between a stratford eco boiler or the esse both are made in england which was a plus for me, went with the esse as it made in lancashire where i use to live, it replaces an old firebird backboiler which worked well for nearly 20 years, not much heat to rads, but had a tank of hot water every evening. the stove company in north cork came to the house to check fireplace and chimney, they did not stock the esse but they sourced one for me, he agreed it would suit the house better than the unico as it gave more heat to the room, it is in now for 3 weeks, i cant believe how much heat this thing is generating, after one hour of lighting mainly with smokeless coal all 13 rads are hot, the whole house is lovely and warm, before it was just the living room, am slowly getting use to the controls and how to use the air flow for optimum use, it has a large glass front 13 inches by 11 normal coal would discolour the glass couldnt see the fire after 30 minutes, cosyglo gems are great keeps it clear with normal fire going, in the morning after dying down it gets a bit smoked up, i find the best way to clean it is with a damp scouring pad and dry kitchen towel. all in all i would say i am very pleased with this make of insert stove, still use the same amount of coal as old fire, but now have a warm house as opposed to one room.
    Hi Cranefly, just wondering how your inset boiler is working, are you still happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marie Ryan

Hi,want to buy a boru insert stove costing 1400euro, just told by plumber on the phone it will cost in region of 4000euros to install.seems very expensive.what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Marie Ryan wrote: »
    Hi,want to buy a boru insert stove costing 1400euro, just told by plumber on the phone it will cost in region of 4000euros to install.seems very expensive.what do you think?

A non boiler version, with the chimney not needing lining should come in at sub €400 euros,

Inset stoves are handy to install for the average diy'er as they are essentially only an enclosed fire basket with very little to go wrong.

have a look here to see how easy the diy method can behttp://www.tripp.ie/heatdesign/Main/Stoves_TR4.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Jambo wrote: »
    A non boiler version, with the chimney not needing lining should come in at sub €400 euros,

Inset stoves are handy to install for the average diy'er as they are essentially only an enclosed fire basket with very little to go wrong.

and if something does go wrong if could kill people in the house with carbon monoxide fumes.

istalling stoves should be left to pro's and not people who think they know.

and if something does go wrong if could kill people in the house with carbon monoxide fumes.

istalling stoves should be left to pro's and not people who think they know.

Thats true but alot of the manufacturers supply diy guides with their product's (including the boru inset range the op is talking about) , which have comprehensive guides for leak testing etc inside. plus one would be stupid not to install an 02 alarm in the house, for further piece of mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

a non boiler stove can be put in by two men with arms and legs and a manual. end off. make sure the room is vented properly. it is simple

Thats true but alot of the manufacturers supply diy guides with their product's, which have comprehensive guides for leak testing inside. plus one would be stupid not to install an 02 alarm in the house
    the warranty wouldnt be covered by a diy install...people shouldnt be cutting corners where stoves are concerned imo.

the warranty wouldnt be covered by a diy install...people shouldnt be cutting corners where stoves are concerned imo.

in the fitting business?

fozz10 wrote: »
    in the fitting business?

nope young fozzy,im not.

I am open to correction but I'd imagine it would be covered considering the manufacturer in this case suggests it as an option on their website.

http://borustoves.ie/category/stoves/inset-stoves/

I am open to correction but I'd imagine it would be covered considering the manufacturer in this case suggests it as an option on their website.

http://borustoves.ie/category/stoves/inset-stoves/

your warranty card will have to have been filled out by a comptent installer.

i know someone who it happened to(wasnt a boru move)..but the got zero satisfaction when they chased it up..bascially told tough diddy.

nope young fozzy,im not.

ha no bothers. its a straight forward job i put mine in 7 r 8 years ago theres not much too it really.

fozz10 wrote: »
    ha no bothers. its a straight forward job i put mine in 7 r 8 years ago theres not much too it really.

i suppose its like plasterering,its just a case of putting sand and cement up on the wall.

even a moneky could do it,right:p

i suppose its like plasterering,its just a case of putting sand and cement up on the wall.

even a moneky could do it,right:p

ah it wouldnt be as technical as plastering now (or block laying). like i said arms and a brain = stove in. non boiler obviously

We put in a boiler insert last winter. Stove cost 1,575. Best grade flexi flue liner etc 630. Labour 1,400. Included in that labour were a few extras, like changing 2 single rads to doubles and putting in an extra rad and one rad was also included in that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dave_Power

i bought a stove for my house about 10 months ago, a "stanley lismore", its the best money i ever spent
    But after months of experimenting on what was the best fuel to burn i have to say the ecobrite
    coal is amazing. throw a shovel of this stuff on before you go to bed and it will be still blasting out the heat 12 hours later.

its dear though 17.50 a bag

Hi
    Does anyone know how much to get a insert stove installed for heating and water.hope to buy a boru chieftain for 1400.plumber say 4000!
    Tnx in advance.

Hi
    Does anyone know how much to get a insert stove installed for heating and water.hope to buy a boru chieftain for 1400.plumber say 4000!
    Tnx in advance.

Marie did you see the price I just posted a few posts up? It just gives an idea.

thanks for that but was your's already plumbed for a back boiler.

Yes we already had a back boiler in our firelpace.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laneyfreak

Brianne - Which stove did you go for in the end and are you happy with it?

We went with the Yola 17kw. Its 14 to water and 3 to room. Yes very happy. Takes a while to adjust from the open fire. We have a large double rad in the room also and if we did nt the room would not be warm enough from stove on its own as the boiler inserts dont throw as much heat into room as the standalone stoves. It has a very large firebox, we burn all smokeless coal plus timber. It has a nice big window also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Find the Anvil from Blacksmith stoves brilliant. MADE IN WATERFORD.

http://www.blacksmithstoves.ie/products.html

I know a couple of people with Anvil stoves and they get great heat output.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 laneyfreak

Hi Brianne - Why did you opt for the Yola in the end? I was reading through this thread and had it narrowed down to look at Esse 350G and Aarrow or Clarinwood so wondering what made you opt for Yola. I am based in County Meath, does anyone know where to go to look for stoves?

Advertisement