Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert Boiler Stove.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

The Yola was new out and came across it and made enquiries and was told it was very good. We went to see it working in somebodys house and they were really pleased with it so we went for it. When I had it narrowed down to the 3 you mentioned I had'nt heard of the Yola at that stage. Its totally Irish made in Wexford. I loved the large firebox and the good size window. Do shop around, we did'nt and I saw it later with Emerald stoves online for about 400 cheaper than we paid the Stove shop. That was annoying to think we could have saved that much money. Ring up the Yola factory and have a chat with them and see what price they're offering it at.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laneyfreak

That is brilliant, thank you for the information, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Can anyone tell me how often they get their chimney cleaned once they have a stove installed? And is it a big job (please excuse my ignorance)?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭crock!

joni1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how often they get their chimney cleaned once they have a stove installed? And is it a big job (please excuse my ignorance)?

Is it an insert or stove.not a big job if fitted correct.

We have to get our chimney cleaned from the top down with our insert stove.

• Advertisement

laneyfreak wrote: »
    That is brilliant, thank you for the information, much appreciated
    Your very welcome. If you need to know anymore I'm only glad to help. I did the same before I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Brianne wrote: »
    Your very welcome. If you need to know anymore I'm only glad to help. I did the same before I got mine.

I am looking for an insert stove for my sitting room and just really want it to heat the room and the adjacent dining room so no heating of radiators etc. as we have zoned gas heating for that.
    It would be nice to have it as efficent as possible so we are not burning loads of fuel like you would in an open fire and also it shouls be easy to clean.

So I am open to any recommendations that you might have?

The non boiler ones seemingly throw out good heat. I've seen some post recently about somebody getting one of them, can't remember the brand and they were very pleased. I might find it again over the weekend. You can get some of those with good high output to room whereas there only 3 from mine. You need to take size of room into consideration too.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

crock! wrote: »
    Is it an insert or stove.not a big job if fitted correct.

It's a stove, not an insert. And it's not a back boiler stove. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

reni10 wrote: »
    I am looking for an insert stove for my sitting room and just really want it to heat the room and the adjacent dining room so no heating of radiators etc. as we have zoned gas heating for that.
    It would be nice to have it as efficent as possible so we are not burning loads of fuel like you would in an open fire and also it shouls be easy to clean.

So I am open to any recommendations that you might have?
    We bought an Stanley Oisin stove last year great for room heating and a shovel of coal and a firewood block keeps it going for about 4 hours , We bought it in Morris s cost 440 and 200 euro for parts and fitting.best money I ever spent

• Advertisement

We are really struggling to find an Insert Boiler Stove that will fit our requirements. We live in a 4 bed, 2 storey detached house. We have a sitting room/dining room (all one room) (I dont have measurements with me but I will get them. We have 10 radiators (all double but varying in size, again I will get these)

We had narrowed the search down to Yola, Charnwood or Esse 350gs - However, I am now not sure that we will get enough heat for room and radiators??? Anyone have recommendations?

Also, we would like to get supply and fit as we think then that any problems will at least be going to one source rather than plumber and/or supplier pointing the picture at each other!!

I have been to Maynooth Stoves but they only supply Charnwood or Firebird so may not be an option.

We live in County Meath so can anyone recommend supply and fit?

Much appreciated and I know I am lacking vital information on sizes but I will get back to you, thanks a mil

Laney ours is a 4 bed bungalow that we have our Yola. We have a kitchen and sitting room with large double rads in each, a large single rad in hallway, and large singles in each bedroom. Our sitting room is 16 x 12 ft and our kitchen roughly 18 x 10 ft. Yes you need room sizes. We have one small bedroom, one medium and 2 good size.

Thanks Brianne, will get measurements. Haven't managed to find anyone that supplies and fits Yola in our area?

Brianne wrote: »
    Laney ours is a 4 bed bungalow that we have our Yola. We have a kitchen and sitting room with large double rads in each, a large single rad in hallway, and large singles in each bedroom. Our sitting room is 16 x 12 ft and our kitchen roughly 18 x 10 ft. Yes you need room sizes. We have one small bedroom, one medium and 2 good size.

I have our measurements now, here goes!

Sitting Room/Dining Room (This is where the stove will be) 31 ft long and 12 ft wide

We have 13 radiators and they are all double,

Downstairs:

2 in the room where the stove will be are 140cm and 80cm(both x 10cm depth)
    Kitchen Rad 160cm x 10cm depth
    Sunroom (Coldest room in the house in winter) 100cm x 10cm depth
    Hallway 140cm x 10cm depth
    Downstairs toilet 50cm x 10cm depth
    Playroom 80cm x 10cm depth

Upstairs

Bed 1 90cm x 5cm depth
    Bed 2 120cm x 10cm (This is bedroom with chimney breast from stove and pipe work will go under these floorboards to hot press)
    Bed 3 100cm x 5cm
    Bed 4 90cm x 5cm
    En Suite 50cm x 5cm
    Bathroom 60cm x 5cm

I have the following queries

If I have to count all double radiators as 2, does that mean I need something to heat 26 radiators??

All the radiators are different sizes and depths downstairs are double those upstairs so does that make a difference in counting rads?

Any expert opinions would be grateful.

We would love to get an insert stove for least hassle of fitting into original fireplace but I stand to be corrected if that isn't so and would take any boiler stove.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pattern Welded Blaa

Hi, we got an Esse stove (Green switch). It heats about 7-8 rads and the water. It sends 1/3 heat into the room and the remainder into the boiler. It has saved us about €1000 on oil last year. I like the heat ration because I've seen ones that pump so much heat into the room it becomes unbearable. This has a nice balance and I recommend it.
    It also has a lot of airflow controls, so that we can control the speed at which the flames burn

Laney I think the Yola would not be powerful enough to heat all those rads plus your hot water. You have a lot and all doubles. I'm just going on what we have here. Also that is a very big room that you're stove will be in and you will most certainly need the rads in that room on all the time as the stove won't throw out enough heat on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Made in Waterford???? Are you having a laugh..... Unless there is a Waterford in China maybe???? More lies from importers....

AFAIK Boru is the only Irish brand actually fully manafactured and assembled in Ireland, as most others are just partially assembled here.

Any opinions on the Boru Fiachra insert stove?

I am thinking of getting one in and it is this or the Stanley Cara insert I am looking at.

Can get the Fiachra for about €715 from the north delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

stanley stoves are proven quality over the years. why bother with anything else? spares are easy to get too.

Hi Fozz10
    Call them tomorrow and ask them for a door for say a Reginald stove in brown enamel complete with badge and glass, just something run of the mill yes?

I will personally give you €100 if it can be got in under a month and costs under €300.

castings from outside the country for production are on supply chains and are all spoken for in production, spares are not what they seem in Stanley, despite what the retailer tells you.

Sorry if I come accross abrupt, just want to make the point.
    If I'm wrong your in for €100... how bad!
    300 doesnt seem that bad for a door for one of there most expensive stoves with glass and in enamel. like anything else if u buy expensive item the parts will be too. A door and glass for any other leading brand stove in there top end models in enamel wont be cheap either. maybe im wrong. a close relative spent 30 years working for them and from what he tells me there up there with the best quality wise. anyways ive never had a problem with parts. not needed much but anything i needed was easy get.i was mainly referring to quality.my oisin must be nearly 10 years old and is perfect. many of my family and friends have stanleys and ive never heard of one giving trouble.i got a tara boiler now too and its just quaility compared to the hamcos i were looking at and some others thats all im saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'm thinking of buying a non boiler insert stove , I know the dimensions of the room and have a 16 inch fireplace , the house is about 14 years old.

I seem to be hearing a lot of conflicting information about what's good and what's not or even if its worth my while at all .

If anyone could give me a recommendation and a rough cost for purchase and a supplier in the Dublin/Meath area , I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Matt.

Hi Fozz10,
    Did you know that all the castings in stanley come from low cost countrys.

That all the stoves that are not enameled which account for approx 80% of thier sales are bought in finished in a box from low cost countrys and sent straight to the retailers.

That 90% of the boilers used in thier stoves are made in thier parient companys AGA-RANGEMASTER Telford plant and imported into Ireland (English Jobs not Irish Jobs as advertised) this cost approx 20 Irish Jobs 2 years ago.

That the only thing actually done in the waterford plant is some enameling and some assembly, approx 48 jobs from 100's in the late 90's.....

Stanley is now a UK company with a few scraps thrown off the table for the Irish..... sound familiar ???

I give it 3-5 years and it will be just a brand with wharehousing in Ireland to stock everything bought in China.......

Sorry but its going the same way as the glass factory and many others before hand.
    Well as I still have family members there working and I know that non enamel stoves ARE assembled in Waterford. That's 100% fact. And I'm fully aware of the aga links and how many we're left go from there. Anyways like I said I'm not an expert on other brands or too many other details but I do know your statement is wrong regarding non enamel stoves not assembled there. I can find out very sharply more about What's made there if I need.. But I've no interest in that conversation as I was just suggesting that there products from my user experience are top notch and I recommend them.

all i know what ever about what aga sell elsewhere the waterford stanley stoves ARE ALL assembled in waterford. that is a fact. The "did i know 80% non enamel stoves are imported boxed" post means ill send my questions elsewhere.as i like facts. No offence meant.thanks

no problem. your not correct about whats assembled there that i am sure of. i picked up one for someone working there recently as theyd no van. who had a part in assembling it along with all the other stoves they build weekly.and its not enamel or any of the stoves you listed. this conversation is going no where as some of the things been said are just not true so its pointless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭StoveMaster

fozz10 wrote: »
    no problem. your not correct about whats assembled there that i am sure of. i picked up one for someone working there recently as theyd no van. who had a part in assembling it along with all the other stoves they build weekly.and its not enamel or any of the stoves you listed. this conversation is going no where as some of the things been said are just not true so its pointless.

Hi fozz10
    Fair enough, I can't explain my relationship with Stanley as it would mean my livelihood, best if lunch in the future.

Hi fozz10
    Fair enough, I can't explain my relationship with Stanley as it would mean my livelihood, best if lunch in the future.
    no problem. no need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Email stanley twice asking were their products chinese made.....no answer....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭StoveMaster

roshje wrote: »
    Email stanley twice asking were their products chinese made.....no answer....

Hi Joshje,
    I wonder why????
    you should try phoning and asking for the purchasing Manager, Sharon :D

Hey Stovemaster,

So you don't rate Boru stoves at all and you also are talking bad of Stanley so what do you actually recommend?

And why do you seem to have this thing about posting lots of times about how bad Boru are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Steel plate however will not hold heat as well and with constant heating upand cooling down the molecular structure of the plate will change, it goesthrough a hardening process and eventually after a number of times it will getbrittle and then crack and break.

I understand what you are saying but will this issue not also occur on the internal firebox / boiler / shell of the other non-boiler stoves such as Stanley which are of welded steel construction with cast façade panels fixed to the outside ? (This is how my old Stanley Tara was built)

I now have a Ború - and have had no issues over the past 2.5 yrs with welds, grates etc and I burn anthracite !, but I do monitor the flue temperatures.

I am aware of someone who cracked a weld on a Ború but this is because of using the stove incorrectly they regularly burned chipboard and worktop cut-offs which are full of glue which which as you will know only acts as an accellerant and burns at very high temps hence elading to such damage.

Advertisement