Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on making a complaint/what to do

Options
  • 10-03-2012 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to work out the best way about making a complaint and basically trying to get my property/money back. About 2 months ago my xbox broke, it would no longer read games and seeing as it was outside of warranty I brought it to an independent repair shop Console repairs Ireland. The guy there said it should be a few days but it was an easy fix and would cost me 50 euro so I was happy enough and left the console with him. A week later and I hadn't heard anything from him so I tried ringing up but he wouldn't answer, after a few days of ringing and not getting an answer I eventually got a text telling me I could pick it up tomorrow so I went over to pick it up.

I got there asked was it working and he said yep all fixed he apologized for the delay saying he had to order in parts and that he moved premises which was fine, got a receipt and paid the 50 euro. Got home and put it on and it still wouldn't read disks, immediately ring him but no answer, text him that it hasnt been fixed and could he contact me ASAP, no response. go back over to his shop ring the bell no answer, ring txt and email over the next few days and finally get a reply asking me to bring it back in. Bring it back to him he apologizes says he doesn't know what is wrong but promises me he'll get it fixed so
    I leave it with him again.

2 weeks pass and every time i enquire I'm told there's no progress, sorry etc. eventually I ask can i just come get my xbox back i dont care if it's fixed or not I'd just like it back at this stage, get a reply saying come over tomorrow to pick it up, then a while later asks for my address so he can send it via courier over to me, that was thursday and it still hasnt arrived. I'm going to go to the national consumer agency on monday to see if they can do anything can anyone tell me if that can do anything for me or do they just give advice? I'm really sick of this whole ordeal and just want it sorted any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Any chance you might be so kind as to format that huge blob of text so a normal person can read it in sentences and paragraphs without losing the will to live after three lines? Thanks, I'm sure it's a worthy post - I just can't take it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

mathepac wrote: »
    Any chance you might be so kind as to format that huge blob of text so a normal person can read it in sentences and paragraphs without losing the will to live after three lines? Thanks, I'm sure it's a worthy post - I just can't take it in.

edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

_oveless wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to work out the best way about making a complaint and basically trying to get my property/money back. About 2 months ago my xbox broke, it would no longer read games and seeing as it was outside of warranty I brought it to an independent repair shop Console repairs Ireland. The guy there said it should be a few days but it was an easy fix and would cost me 50 euro so I was happy enough and left the console with him. A week later and I hadn't heard anything from him so I tried ringing up but he wouldn't answer, after a few days of ringing and not getting an answer I eventually got a text telling me I could pick it up tomorrow so I went over to pick it up.

I got there asked was it working and he said yep all fixed he apologized for the delay saying he had to order in parts and that he moved premises which was fine, got a receipt and paid the 50 euro. Got home and put it on and it still wouldn't read disks, immediately ring him but no answer, text him that it hasnt been fixed and could he contact me ASAP, no response. go back over to his shop ring the bell no answer, ring txt and email over the next few days and finally get a reply asking me to bring it back in. Bring it back to him he apologizes says he doesn't know what is wrong but promises me he'll get it fixed so

2 weeks pass and every time i enquire I'm told there's no progress, sorry etc. eventually I ask can i just come get my xbox back i dont care if it's fixed or not I'd just like it back at this stage, get a reply saying come over tomorrow to pick it up, then a while later asks for my address so he can send it via courier over to me, that was thursday and it still hasnt arrived. I'm going to go to the national consumer agency on monday to see if they can do anything can anyone tell me if that can do anything for me or do they just give advice? I'm really sick of this whole ordeal and just want it sorted any advice would be welcome.

Your unfortunate experience sounds familiar to one I had with an infamous repair centre in Dublin

There are alot of places referring themselves to be " Console repairs ireland ", one of them is a place called Gsm Solutions in Abbey street / trading as a console repair centre with the name Consolerepair .ie

I am curious to know if you were dealing with GSM Solutions in Dublin ? They go by dozens of different names , their main site is GSM Solutions .ie. I had a horrible experience with this very shady outfit , when they managed to fry my ipod , rendering it a piece of junk. They had it for months too

Others have had similar complaints if your search boards

Was this the place you went to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

Go over to the shop and stand your corner saying that you are going to make a fuss and cause a scene and encourage other shoppers not to shop there. that failing you could approach joe duffy on rte....
    or you coul try the sale of goods act........ which basically states that you are entitled to a refund, product replacement or repair....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

These people are very shady tbh, threatening them with Joe Duffy won't bother them in the slightest, it's the weakest of threats tbh.

Read up on your rights, and know what you're talking about when you go back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I brought it to an independent repair shop Console repairs Ireland. The guy there said it should be a few days but it was an easy fix and would cost me 50 euro

<snip>

Got home and put it on and it still wouldn't read disks

<snip>

Bring it back to him he apologizes says he doesn't know what is wrong but promises me he'll get it fixed so

<snip>

it still hasnt arrived.
    Small claims court, with him listed as the business owner, and not the shop name on the form, as it sounds like he moves places randomly for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

it still hasnt arrived.[/QUOTE]
    Small claims court, with him listed as the business owner, and not the shop name on the form, as it sounds like he moves places randomly for that reason.[/Quote]

Absolutely.... It will cost €15 to register a complaint and can take months got a date, but it is important to get the name of the business correct, our trading as etc...
    Without it, it will be thrown out of court...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Thanks for all the replies definitely helpful,
    sxt wrote: »
    Your unfortunate experience sounds familiar to one I had with an infamous repair centre in Dublin

There are alot of places referring themselves to be " Console repairs ireland ", one of them is a place called Gsm Solutions in Abbey street / trading as a console repair centre with the name Consolerepair .ie

I am curious to know if you were dealing with GSM Solutions in Dublin ? They go by dozens of different names , their main site is GSM Solutions .ie. I had a horrible experience with this very shady outfit , when they managed to fry my ipod , rendering it a piece of junk. They had it for months too

Others have had similar complaints if your search boards

Was this the place you went to?

No the place is called Console repairs Ireland but they also go by Console Pro as well, I brought it into that gsm place but they quoted me 115 to fix which I thought was a bit expensive so that's why I went with the cheaper option which I am now regretting.
    NJS007 wrote: »
    Go over to the shop and stand your corner saying that you are going to make a fuss and cause a scene and encourage other shoppers not to shop there. that failing you could approach joe duffy on rte....
    or you coul try the sale of goods act........ which basically states that you are entitled to a refund, product replacement or repair....

I've gone over about 6 times, no answer to the door unless he was expecting me, I'll look into the sale of goods act but does that cover services like repairs?
    the_syco wrote: »
    Small claims court, with him listed as the business owner, and not the shop name on the form, as it sounds like he moves places randomly for that reason.

How would I go about finding out they guys full name, I just know him as Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭MiamiMice

A Whois lookup on consolepros.ie will reveal all!

http://whois.domaintools.com/consolepros.ie

Advertisement