Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any tips for cheltenham?

• 10-03-2012 5:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well anybody know a bit more about horses than the rest of us:D? Will probably sit in and watch a few races next wk, what do other ppl on here do?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Stay out of the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

follow Ruby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

blue5000 wrote: »
    Well anybody know a bit more about horses than the rest of us:D? Will probably sit in and watch a few races next wk, what do other ppl on here do?

Go to work!:D But then place a few sneaky bets on the laptop at work. Usually break even. An odd flutter is no harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

wear wellies in wet weather. best tip i ever got when i asked someone in the know about racing.
    I will be holding out till the day before and usually throw a few bets on. you have to know your sources well to pay much heed to tips. everyones a tipster on cheltnam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Betting's a mugs game. Best tip my dad ever gave me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭aidanki

Matt cooper used to have someone on his Today FM show everyday last year did v well if i remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭limo_100

hurricane fly has a good chance, as does kuato be just nice to see him get one last win

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

id be worried about kauto star after an injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

If it rains back irish horses.
    If its dry back the uk ones.
    and back at least 4 horses in each race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Keep yer money in yer pocket - Best tip of all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

limo_100 wrote: »
    hurricane fly has a good chance, as does kuato be just nice to see him get one last win

Anyone who knows what they are talking about will keep tips to themselves:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

farming and forestry:confused:

Howjoe1 wrote: »

Yep, sure don't the Irish horses learn by running wet land and dodging trees:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Salsify in Friday's Foxhunters.

http://betfred.chromaagency.com/horse/47151-salsify

Not really a gambler just an interested on looker.

I have a relation that owns a few horses. This one horse didn't win a race for over a year. The day before the race he was 33/1. He was 5/1 before the race started. Did he win?..............:D €€€ all the way.

I had a €20 win left in my PP account a month or so ago. Just chose a few different horses for the next days racing. Nothing extravagant, €2-4 e/w. Got a shock when I checked the next day and was nearly €200 quid up:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

2 or 3 years ago there was a free €5 bet in the sun for the gold cup if you spent €5 with it. I dropped a few drops of coffee on the racng pullout and it blotched out the name of Bertie's dream. I put €10 on him to win at 40 to 1and collected €405 from paddy Power on my way home that evening.

I have never put a bet on since :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

I posted the same question last year for tips. Ye, I got a lot of tips and guess what? Their all still running......

P.s Anyone, and I mean ANYONE I know who gambles when asked how their doing (gambling) tell me their either 'up or breaking even'. Paddy Power announced record profits last year and I suspect they will again this year. I can't understand it!

DustyMan wrote: »
    I posted the same question last year for tips. Ye, I got a lot of tips and guess what? Their all still running......

P.s Anyone, and I mean ANYONE I know who gambles when asked how their doing (gambling) tell me their either 'up or breaking even'. Paddy Power announced record profits last year and I suspect they will again this year. I can't understand it!

Gamblers are the great decievers !!!
    I know of a few very sad stories. Gambling addiction is much more common in Ireland than people realise. You'll hear a lot more stories as time goes by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Chappie on farming radio program, the one on Sat at 815am, said to back his horse, Imperial Chakra today to get money for cheltenham. he won at 3/1.

his only other tip was One Cool Chakra, entered in two races, one on Wed and the other on Fri. He expects him to win also. Boyles have him today at 25's for Wed and 66's for Fri.

• Advertisement

I've bet on Our Mick and Hunt Ball for tomorrow.

Nothing at all to do with the fact that my dad is called Mick and I've a hunt ball this month:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭fabregas4cesc

bita craic, was up whopper day 1 last year, probably down overall by the end but was exciting none the less.

1.30 galileo's choice,

2.05 sprinter sacre but think you get money back if he doesn't win on pp so al ferof.

2.40 noland big outsider, or the package

3.20 hurricane fly, favourite

4.00 balthazar king

4.40 quevega

5.15 triola dalene

go on the lads!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Howjoe1 wrote: »

If you can tell me what this plant is I'll give you a cert in the 4 o'clock (Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle)

IMG_0621-1.jpg

Got a place for Our Mick and Hunt Ball won!
    Chuffed but feck it i'm keeping my winnings. No more bets,

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭aneala

Wild Bill wrote: »
    If you can tell me what this plant is I'll give you a cert in the 4 o'clock (Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle)

IMG_0621-1.jpg

Don't know the latin but this is called "lords n' Ladies"

Was the tip any good?

aneala wrote: »

Was the tip any good?

Hard to say as race ain't till 4 o'clock - but the nag is still in the running :D

Featherbed Lane - bet the barn on it :cool:
    (small print: no refunds for dodgy tips)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Red_Star

I thought that plant was Sheep's Sorrel ...?
    and I would have said Carlito Brigante for the 4.00 :) ....any tips for the Gold Cup ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭aneala

Look similar alright, think sheeps sorrell is smaller.

http://www.wildflowersofireland.net/plant_detail.php?id_flower=154

Carlo brigante looks decent shout too. Just had Finians Rainbow so happy enough here!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

At least we have an Irish winner, the best dressed lady! Well done to her.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Me and the better half were drinking tea by the stove last night and I told him about the winnings. He decided to have a flutter using my account.
    Coincidentally, we seen Teaforthree and we bet on him. Whooooo! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

aneala wrote: »
    Don't know the latin but this is called "lords n' Ladies"

Was the tip any good?

A very distinctive and common plant. Lords and Ladies or Cuckoo Point.
    Lovely spear of red/orange berries comes on them.

I launched my query in two different threads (not being sure which was best) and wild sorrell seems to crop up again - there is a rather important difference between the two :eek:!

Sorrell
    A common wild plant that is good to eat in salads, soups and omelettes, or just to nibble on your way.

Lords and Ladies
    The most important thing to know about this plant is that all parts are extremely poisonous.

Catch Me in the Pertemps is my favourite favourite; you'd be bonkers not to bet on this banker :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Attie wrote: »
    Salsify in Friday's Foxhunters.

http://betfred.chromaagency.com/horse/47151-salsify

Not really a gambler just an interested on looker.

Well who got the money ???.

Put a tenner on him as he beat the mate's horse at Leopardstown got eighty back :D:D
    Attie

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

thank you whoever you are i put €10each way double with Synchronised
    802 euro win im so happy

Advertisement