Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wright Venue

Options
  • 10-03-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Is the Wright Venue still crazy expensive? Cover charge still €15?

Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

misslt wrote: »
    Hey,

Is the Wright Venue still crazy expensive? Cover charge still €15?

Is it worth it?

Thanks!

I hate the place with a passion. i wouldn't pay that amount of money to get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fantastic sound system. That's about the only positive I can say for the place .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Na lads,

I was there saturday night. I cant remember how much it was in but im almost sure it was a tenner each.

I was there with a group of friends, mostly couples, we had a good night but nothing spectacular. it was only marginally better than going to the likes of the home in balbriggan. Now saying that, ive been there on a stag night with a bunch of lads, completely different opinion, it was great fun and we spent most of it in the purple room... i walked in there, slightly more sober this weekend, and the room was JAMMERS. very frustrating to move from one end to the other, and I for one was eventually glad to leave and go to eddie rockets with my better half.

So to sum up. if you are planning on a mad night out, getting well on and looking to dance your legs off, then its the place to be, 10 or 15 in doesnt bother me as i only ever have about 1 beer in a night club as the pints are shyte in such places and the bottles get warm pretty quickly.

otherwise, stick to swords main street, maybe the cock, old boro or even old wrights instead if ya want a decent night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bouncebouncey

Went once when I moved to Swords. It was so completely and utterly rubbish I contemplated never going again but I said to myself sure it might have been a bad night. Went back again a few weeks later. Same thing. Went a third time because it was a mates birthday. Strike three, you're out!

Not a particularly nice venue. Not a particularly nice clientele. Not particularly cheap. Doesn't have anything going for it IMO. Then again different strokes for different folks.

Advertisement