Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woollen jumper problem

• 10-03-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I was wondering whether anyone has any solution to my jumper problem.

The issue is that the bottom part at the waist has become too loose on what is an otherwise well-fitting jumper. Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

This has happend a lot of my jumpers too, I just accepted it as an inevitability.
    Would be great to know how to repair them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Conor30 wrote: »
    I was wondering whether anyone has any solution to my jumper problem.

The issue is that the bottom part at the waist has become too loose on what is an otherwise well-fitting jumper. Is there any way to fix this?

What type of wool is it? It could be a number of things. Anything made of wool that is labelled "machine washable" means the fibre has been very aggressively treated in order that it does not pile up or felt in washing machines. As a result the wool will have lost its natural elasticity and become baggy and shapeless.

I advise you in future to stick to only handwash woollens, avoid stuff marked superwash' etc., in order to maintain the condition of the garment you must be prepared to handwash it, and dry it flat away from direct heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

ladhrann wrote: »
    What type of wool is it? It could be a number of things. Anything made of wool that is labelled "machine washable" means the fibre has been very aggressively treated in order that it does not pile up or felt in washing machines. As a result the wool will have lost its natural elasticity and become baggy and shapeless.

I advise you in future to stick to only handwash woollens, avoid stuff marked superwash' etc., in order to maintain the condition of the garment you must be prepared to handwash it, and dry it flat away from direct heat.

The label states 'machine washable in wool program'. 80% lamb wool 20% Polyamide. I have machine washed it before in the wool program and using Woolite. It's very comfortable & soft and I really like it, except for the bottom trim having become too loose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

I'm afraid that there's no solution I know to this. See my advice above to avoid this happening in the future.

Advertisement