Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saudi Arabia not to send female atheles to Olympics

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

seamus wrote: »
    Obviously they like showjumping because the woman is almost entirely clothed, save for her face and hands.

does the female horse have to wear a burka too?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Those Arabs like to keep their women feminine and i agree totally with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

paddyandy wrote: »

How can you tell they're feminine when you can't see them?

What do you mean by "feminine?"

Don't you think it should be up to the women themselves to decide to be "feminine" or not?

Lastly, what the f*ck!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

One can't help but wonder if you have time travelled from a 40s/50s Ireland... Seriously, that may be the most blatantly sexist statement I've heard in a long. Can you give a rational reason why women shouldn't compete in competitive sports? There isn't one that exists.....

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Have you seen what sport does to women ? Flat chested wonders of the track and Gorilla Shouldered Swimmers and Tennis Players built like Mike Tyson maybe you don't deserve any explanation at all if you hav'nt .

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

King Faisal, who introduced television in the 1960s and was eventually assassinated

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Women, know your limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Have you seen what sport does to women ? Flat chested wonders of the track and Gorilla Shouldered Swimmers and Tennis Players built like Mike Tyson maybe you don't deserve any explanation at all if you hav'nt .

Good point there, Paddyandy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

You are fast becoming my favourite poster paddyandy.
    Some inspired stuff reading back through your posts.

See ya at the Womens Beach Volleyball in London?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Have you seen what football does to men?

Preening, precious little fairy cakes who get paid millions to flutter about looking like your Ma's hairdresser, Sergio.

What's your point? I couldn't give a rats arse about sport...

"oh hi there, looks like you can do something that everyone else can do, just that little bit faster and fancier. Tell you what, we're gonna chuck you into a little race/match/whatever up against a bunch of other boring twats who can do that little physical thing that everyone else can do, just that little bit faster and fancier and see who comes out on top! What's the point of all this you ask? Well...er........here's a medal?" Great and not a single real world problem solved or even addressed because "Shut up, the sport is on!" "This matters!"

er....sorry about that....annnnyway....

Don't you realise that playing certain sports will make you look a certain way? They hardly give a **** whether or not you find them attractive I can promise you that. That said there are plenty of stunners, as has been pointed out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

There are many amazing looking female sports stars. Secondly, it's their bloody body so nobody should dictate what they should do with it. I respect people who aim to reach the peek of human fitness, be they male or female. It takes a lot of commitment and one should not be prevented from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I read your comment, considered it, then I went and Googled Maria Sharapova and knocked one out just to prove your point erroneous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Of course because that's all there is to women - their appearance.

What century are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

sammich making, kitchen duties....... there I just invented 2 new sports to allow the Saudi women participate, other could be: obidience, knowing your place, taking the most slaps to the face, how much skin can you show till you get beaten.. etc etc

I pity those women, I really do.. sanctions and more sanctions until they give equal rights IMO

Advertisement