Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huge accident down in 5 lamps / amiens street??

• 10-03-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    just wondering if anyone knows what happened down at the intersection of portland row / five lamps at about 5pm?

3 firebrig's, 3 ambulances, one side of the road closed off.....I was in the car near the north strand flats, all i could see was gardai running around and fire guys with cutting gear, seemed fairly bad, hope nobody got a bad deal.....terrible to see especially at that time in such a public / central place...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dublin, to pre-emt the stupid question.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

italodisco wrote: »
    Hey,
    just wondering if anyone knows what happened down at the intersection of portland row / five lamps at about 5pm?

3 firebrig's, 3 ambulances, one side of the road closed off.....I was in the car near the north strand flats, all i could see was gardai running around and fire guys with cutting gear, seemed fairly bad, hope nobody got a bad deal.....terrible to see especially at that time in such a public / central place...

I'd say you've pretty much asked and answered your own question in this whole post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

No accident, they're filming a scene from the new Die Hard movie there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Dublin, to pre-emt the question.
    Usually I don't see the necessity for "Where?" as such threads tend to be about well known places in Dublin, but you'd swear the places the OP is on about are places everyone's heard of and that this is a Dublin forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Huge accident, nah, it's Mrs. McNulty's cat stuck up a tree... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JonasADF

em.... are you guys serious?

JonasADF wrote: »
    em.... are you guys serious?
    Look where the OP posted this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

From a tweet: In Dublin, emergency services have cleared a collision on Amiens St inbound at the Five Lamps. Delays should now ease. http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yeah, shur I just know where that is off the top of my head. I hardly even know the names of the streets in my home city let alone where you're on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

WHERE DID IT HAPPEN WHAT CITY?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

woodoo wrote: »
    Nukualofa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

A & E Forum >>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

woodoo wrote: »

Amiens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Yeah, shur I just know where that is off the top of my head. I hardly even know the names of the streets in my home city let alone where you're on about.

That's a bit sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

That's a bit sad.

why, does it make you feel bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

There was a... lot of rocking going on that night,
    Cruising time for the young bright lights, Just down past the gasworks, by the meat factory door,
    The five lamp boys were coming on strong. The Saturday night city beat had already started
    The pulse of the corner boys sprang into action
    And young Billy watched it all under the yellow street light
    And said "tonight of all nights there's gonna be a fight"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I know what happened but I'm not telling.

Try the appropriate regional forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement