Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Moderation in the Rugby Forum

Options
  • 10-03-2012 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

There is something rotten in the rugby forum. I am banned from posting in a match-thread until the final whistle. No explanation is given even after I ask for one. I then wait until the final whistle and start posting again. I post nothing wrong and another mod chimes in and goes "it [you not posting until the final whistle] worked so well lets just say you cant post in this thread again". Once again no reason was given. The mod did not show me what posts he was referring to.

Can I ask what is going on in that forum? It seems posters that support Munster are allowed a free reign there? From looking through ruggiebear's posts he seems to be a Leinster fan. Is it possible that in trying too hard to seem impartial that he is overcompensating and banning Leinster posters and not Munster?

Look at the Ireland-Scotland match day thread. The whole thread is criticisms of Leinster players, swipes and insults posted by Munster posters and yet the only banning was me. I beg you to look through my posts from that thread. I did nothing wrong.

It would be interesting to see the ratio of Leinster poster bannings to Munster poster bannings. Because today, from what I saw, the forum should be recalled 'Munster Rugby'
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

For someone who joined boards under 3 hours ago you have a surprising knowledge of the workings of boards and of how many posters are banned from the rugby forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

I'm looking through posts and searching. Why has such a small forum had so many complaints about its moderation? Theres been a good few in this forum alone. I think thats a fair question.

Anyway I thought you were taking this to a cmod so how come the feedback thread and I told you via pm why you weren't allowed post on that thread again

Firstly, I thought this was taking it to Cmods.

Secondly, you didn't tell me why. I have asked you twice to show me the specific post and you have twice failed to do so.

Can I post the PMs here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I don't know why you pm'ed me a link to this. I have barely posted today because of posts from the likes of you.

Anyway you've done a savage job of being a pain in the ass on the match thread so you're getting no support from me.

• Advertisement

Firstly, I thought this was taking it to Cmods.

Secondly, you didn't tell me why. I have asked you twice to show me the specific post and you have twice failed to do so.

Can I post the PMs here?

No you can't post the PMs here, if it goes to the drp forum then no problem.

durkadurka wrote: »
    I don't know why you pm'ed me a link to this. I have barely posted today because of posts from the likes of you.

Anyway you've done a savage job of being a pain in the ass on the match thread so you're getting no support from me.

Perhaps you could help me and point out to me what post in particular you are referring to?

I PM'ed you because you were online during the match. I am looking for neutral opinions.

Well could you finally show me the post I was banned from the thread for?

Just re-watched it. No clip of the heels.

To be honest I'm disgusted at Earls for diving. If a Scottish player did it we'd be livid! I hate diving.
    I think we all know the answer.

Kidney knows he cant take off Sexton anymore because hes too good.

But he also knows that he can't bring on O'Gara unless he plays him at 10.

If he takes off Sexton then the team could lose. But if he doesn't play O'Gara then he can expect a massive whinge in the newspaper next week.

The simple solution?

Move Sexton to 12 and give O'Gara some game time

:D

That is the post that got you banned from posting on the thread. There was mods warnings to not start interprovincial or ROG sexton crap and you came out with that as soon as you were allowed post again.

That is the post that got you banned from posting on the thread. There was mods warnings to not start interprovincial or ROG sexton crap and you came out with that as soon as you were allowed post again.

Are you actually serious?

Whats wrong with the first post?

And the second was quite OBVIOUSLY a joke. Jesus wept talk about being precious.

• Advertisement

I'm begining to think you just had a frantic search for anything that could possibly be construed as offensive.

The first is a completely legitimate comment. The second is obviously taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I don't think Earls dived. It didn't deserve a card but Earls didn't dive.

OT Is this feedback or a poster / mod bickering session?

Mugs do you think I should be banned for saying that in my opinion he did dive?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Mugs do you think I should be banned for saying that in my opinion he did dive?

I browse the forum and generally don't post and its pretty well known that O'Gara vs Sexton muck isn't acceptable. It's been done to death....

I'm not a mod, I can't comment on your Ban.

MugMugs wrote: »
    I browse the forum and generally don't post and its pretty well known that O'Gara vs Sexton muck isn't acceptable. It's been done to death....

I'm not a mod, I can't comment on your Ban.

Did you read that post and honestly believe it was serious and an attack on O'Gara/Sexton?

In your opinion, as a user, do you think I should have been banned for my Earls post?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

As a user I think you need to cop on and stop kicking up shít in Feedback because this thread isn't feedback - it's a complaint about a decision a mod made against you that resulted in a ban. It's a dispute, and belongs in the Dispute Resolution Forum, not here where you're looking to play up to the crowd.

You've been told several times now to take it to the Cmods or the DRP, I don't see the point in your persisting here

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think anyone with 3 hours on the site should spend a bit of time getting to understand the forums they want to post in. Starting a feedback thread with such limited experience of the site seems a bit odd to say the least.

In this case you were given the ideal opportunity to take a bit of time out to get to understand where you went wrong without any formal warning being issued - without getting into the specifics here it seems to me to be an example of good proactive moderation.

I'll ask again.

What was wrong with the Earls post?

Is it not clear that the O'Gara/Sexton post is a joke?

Why has such a small forum received so many complaints about its moderation?

As a user I think you need to cop on and stop kicking up shít in Feedback because this thread isn't feedback - it's a complaint about a decision a mod made against you that resulted in a ban. It's a dispute, and belongs in the Dispute Resolution Forum, not here where you're looking to play up to the crowd.

You've been told several times now to take it to the Cmods or the DRP, I don't see the point in your persisting here

I've been told several times? There was one comment saying I thought you were taking it to Cmod and I replied that I thought this was taking it to the Cmod. Why are you making things up?

I'm not playing up to a crowd. I'm giving feedback on the moderation in a rugby forum. I am not looking to resolve the dispute, I will happily refrain from posting in that thread. I am leaving a complaint. A complaint that I want addressed.

Beasty wrote: »
    I think anyone with 3 hours on the site should spend a bit of time getting to understand the forums they want to post in. Starting a feedback thread with such limited experience of the site seems a bit odd to say the least.

In this case you were given the ideal opportunity to take a bit of time out to get to understand where you went wrong without any formal warning being issued - without getting into the specifics here it seems to me to be an example of good proactive moderation.

Heres an exercise. And please lets try not to evade the answer.

What in my Earls' post warranted a ban? Please just answer that question.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The reason I won't comment is I am not familiar with the Rugby forum, its rules, nuances etc. That is exactly the point I am making - I would not post there without familiarising myself with it first

Beasty wrote: »
    The reason I won't comment is I am not familiar with the Rugby forum, its rules, nuances etc. That is exactly the point I am making - I would not post there without familiarising myself with it first

You just evaded the question. Look at the post. Its quite simple, what in that comment warranted a ban?

For saying a player dived? Thats not against the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

What am I making up? You were told to take it the Cmods, not the Feedback forum. So that's attempt #1 to tell you where you can go to complain.

There's this post below, right on page #1 of this thread

And finally, I'm going to assume there is a bit in the private message you were sent after you were banned that outlines what you can do if you want to complain.

You just evaded the question. Look at the post. Its quite simple, what in that comment warranted a ban?

Once again, you're continuing to focus on your own personal problem. Dispute, not feedback. There are lots of things to take into account, not just the content of your post as looked upon 3 hours after a match has ended.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

*politely* Your choices are: discuss it with a cmod, go to DRP or stfu. This isn't the place. :)

O.K I'll back down. Thanks Steve.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The OP now has a thread in Help Desk, where this really belongs, so I'm closing this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement