Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Limerick City- Where to rent

Options
  • 10-03-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there.. I am moving to Limerick to take up a new job for 18 months. Im a 28 year old girl and hope to rent a place on my own... So I want to feel safe and in a fairly decent place.

I know the usual stories about limerick being unsafe etc. but any local knowldege would be really helpful.. Im looking at apartment called the Windmill on Windmill street, also at Rafers Court Georges Quay, Newtown House on Henry street, Steamboat quay and lastly Taits Corner Glentworth street.

I know thats alot of places but has anyone any idea about these apartments blocks? Ever lived there before or had friends there?..

Thanks a million for any help...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hiya

You will get a much better response over in the Limerick forum tbh!

Where will you be working? The city centre?
    I would steer clear of windmill street for sure. Newtown house on henry street always seemed nice but I have never actually lived there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

yck10ytu wrote: »
    Hi there.. I am moving to Limerick to take up a new job for 18 months. Im a 28 year old girl and hope to rent a place on my own... So I want to feel safe and in a fairly decent place.

I know the usual stories about limerick being unsafe etc. but any local knowldege would be really helpful.. Im looking at apartment called the Windmill on Windmill street, also at Rafers Court Georges Quay, Newtown House on Henry street, Steamboat quay and lastly Taits Corner Glentworth street.

I know thats alot of places but has anyone any idea about these apartments blocks? Ever lived there before or had friends there?..

Thanks a million for any help...

Windmill street is fine I would stay away from Steamboat quay and a few of the apartment blocks around there. In general Limerick is quite safe, just take precautions as you would anywhere else. Also I would stay within walking distance of work, unless your driving. Public transport in Limerick isnt the best

Advertisement