Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

box nation / web tv

• 10-03-2012 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭

Has anyone signed up to the live web tv on box nation. tenner a month, 3 month contract (although seems to be 15 to subscribe to the Ricky Burns v Paulus Moses tonight? ). The site has a few bugs at the moment so didnt get to see the amount they were charging to sign up when you go through the steps.

Anyone already signed up and how do you find it? (web tv version, not sky channel subscription). I'd pay a tenner a month if there was regular fights, save me looking for dodgy stuttering streams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

just tagging this for myself in case anyone answers--also interested in tonights Ricky Burns fight--prob end up on justin.tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

nice one Dirk

just to mention to anyone who links there--don't believe those popups that say you are misssing a plugin--they are marketing spam--don't click them--just close them down---site works fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭duagre

Hey folks, do they offer the full web subscription yet?
    Will they be streaming all of the channels shows online from now on?

Their website is an absolute mare. It's impossible to find out anything about it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Subscribed yesterday - but has not activated! Sent them an email - but no dice. It seems their support only work a few hours each night (and i'm working weekday nights).

Have just sent them another email - very much a mickey mouse setup from what I can see...

• Advertisement

These guys are well and truly a mickey mouse operation!

They ignored my first email. Traded a few emails with them - then they didn't bother anymore. This was to get my subscription activated. They were of the belief that they hadn't been paid when my online banking clearly shows the $ has left the account - to that paywizzard intermediary they use (what's the idea behind them using that?).

Started to use their phone support - which only runs from 5-10pm. Called yesterday - got a hold of someone. A full week later, the 'account' is showing as not a fully fledged account (presumably they think they still have not been paid!!). Passed on to their 'IT department' (with this crowd, that could only be the two lads from 'the IT crowd' down in the basement!). Told to ring back in a couple of hours. Rang back on their UK number - the call goes 'live' but all i'm hearing is a couple of people (including the guy I talked to on the original call) chatting in the background. Tried this for another 4-5 times - and same deal - wouldn't have minded aside from the international call rate and the fact that they weren't talking about anything interesting! Someone finally picks up - to tell me that there's no progress - ring back tomorrow.

The saga continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

duagre wrote: »
    Hey folks, do they offer the full web subscription yet?
    Will they be streaming all of the channels shows online from now on?

Their website is an absolute mare. It's impossible to find out anything about it. :(

On their FAQ it says:
    "Q: If I subscribe will I be able to watch online?
    A: We aren't currently able to offer an online subscription package.
    Occasionally, our fights will be available online a pay-per-view basis, which we will announce fight-by-fight."

I would be tempted by the online option even though they dont sound the most organised bunch, I dont have sky though

stagolee wrote: »
    I would be tempted by the online option even though they dont sound the most organised bunch, I dont have sky though
    You don't need sky. They are an independent provider. All you would need is a box and expired white card. Can be picked up on adverts.ie for between 20-50 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

cotto/margerito was on yesterday i like cotto against mayweather

Advertisement