Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to run a computer related course?

• 10-03-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I would like to run a course on basic video editing and running up against a brick wall when trying to find a venue that will let me use their facilities.

The course would be for 1 day,probably a Saturday and would accomodate no more than 15 people.

I am self thought on the subject and because I dont have a qualification in editing or anything for that matter all local schools etc who would have the ammount of computers and facilities I would require will not entertain me as they only run courses through the loacl education board with qualified lecturers or something along those lines.

This I have no problem with and can understand but regardless would like to run my own course as alot of people have approached me for advice and pointers on the subject.

Would like to hear your thoughts on the subjct
    TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to the schools again and tell them you want to hire the room for a Saturday. No need to say what you are doing with the people in there.

If they already have porter staff in on a Saturday it's no skin off their noses to have a few extra people in the building and depending on how much they charge you for the use of the room and facilities they might make a fair bit out of it.

Not having porters in on a Saturday is far more likely to stop you getting a room than any nonsense about the sort of courses they run.

Advertisement