Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oran traffic plan?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The Community Warden is out today doling out tickets to beat the band. He must be a boards.ie reader!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

The new Traffic mgt plan only came into force today so it's the first day he could issue tickets!
    Reckon he will be full time in Oran this week.. lets see whats its like betwen 5 and 6 this evening! (as a civil servant he\she will probably well gone by then :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Was driving through the village tonight & noticed something strange, the pedestrian crossing at the astroturf car park randomly turned red even though no one was around. Is this a fault i wonder or are they set to do this? Felt like i right waste of time to stop...wonder are there cameras set up to automatically catch anyone should they drive through?

I often noticed this. I go running early in the morning and I often see the lights go red with no one near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Terrier wrote: »
    The new Traffic mgt plan only came into force today so it's the first day he could issue tickets!
    Reckon he will be full time in Oran this week.. lets see whats its like betwen 5 and 6 this evening! (as a civil servant he\she will probably well gone by then :D )
    Ya I don't think he works past 5 which is when the traffic is worst going through the village. People were parking everywhere again this evening. The community council or whatever they're called want bollards put on the paths to physically stop people parking there at all hours. They did it across from subway on the island thing and it's worked perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

If the community / traffic warden goes off duty after 5pm, or whenever, does it not pass to the Gardai to enforce local traffic law violations ?

It's past time that illegal parking was tackled.

Tow 'em & Fine 'em !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

For Paws wrote: »
    Tow 'em & Fine 'em !!

My vote is some sort of crusher than can get a car down to the size of an oxo cube. Which is duly handed back with a pleasant smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

what do ye think of the wans who reverse out on to main road in oran, like an idiot outside kanes on day didnt even look left or right just out he comes didnt give a damn i beep,d at him and he put up two fingers:rolleyes:what an ass.

Is the councilor pushing to get oranmore better patrolled or anything.....? these lines don't matter a crap, people still park on them. The only way to do this properly is bollards and a central median. That way people who want chips will have to work off 10 calories to get to the car.... god forbid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Big difference after the traffic warden was there!! No more parking right on the corners and on double yellow lines save one or two people. It was like a different town:D

There were still about two or three who obviously didn't know the warden has been through so the village could do another hit or two (and then visit about once a month) and that should do the trick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Greaney wrote: »
    Big difference after the traffic warden was there!! No more parking right on the corners and on double yellow lines save one or two people. It was like a different town:D

There were still about two or three who obviously didn't know the warden has been through so the village could do another hit or two (and then visit about once a month) and that should do the trick!!

Saw him Nailing a People carrier parked in a wheelchair spot in the carpark at astro on Friday. Never as happy !. He was patrolling today. Its a pity he wasnt around at lunch time yesterday. 2 high powered jeeps outside chipper and another right across the way at brewery bottleneck....id have love to see them getting snapped.. They need to advertise more that a traffic warden about

• Advertisement

Folk starting to park all over the place in Oran again:(

Seriously, if the county council want a fiscal shot in the arm they just need to do a blast of ticketing the towns in the county instead of adding little taxes here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i,ll do the job no bother. no problem putting tickets on windows. saw that yesterday that they are parking any where again. it was weird going through oran' when it was clear of stupid parking.

The Garda was out this morning ticketing cars parked along in front of our shop this morning.

He was going to have a walk through the town doing each car parked illegally. What a lot of people seem to miss is the rules of the road section where you are not allowed park where there is a single white line, never mind the yellow lines at the kerb.

Every day from the Bank of Ireland back people park opposite the Thatch blocking the traffic flow.

I still reckon the best answer is to make the village one way traffic in a circular route with wider pedestrian areas.

The Garda was out this morning ticketing cars parked along in front of our shop this morning.

He was going to have a walk through the town doing each car parked illegally. What a lot of people seem to miss is the rules of the road section where you are not allowed park where there is a single white line, never mind the yellow lines at the kerb.

Every day from the Bank of Ireland back people park opposite the Thatch blocking the traffic flow.

I still reckon the best answer is to make the village one way traffic in a circular route with wider pedestrian areas.
    That is ultimately the plan yes, traffic will flow from the church side of the village to the galway side of it. It was supposed to be implemented when the tesco road would be finished to tie in with the castle road and be widened. However there is no money so nothing can happen. The developers were supposed to built this, not the council. The council will not touch oranmore at the moment as they have no money. The paint for the lines going through the place seems to have been almost pushing it. The one way system will not happen until there is that tesco road to divert the traffic around the village. Also as the limerick motorway is not built yet, the limerick road is very busy so implementing a one way system at present would cause even longer tailbacks at the N18 junction near lidl.

I see your point.

I imagine that even if the council don't touch Oranmore with regard to upgrading and building roads they could still use it as a source of revenue!! (instead of a household charge:o)

Ticketing isn't so immoral on their part because as earlier posters pointed out there's parking if you're willing to walk 250m.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

What a fiasco!! Has anyone seen the parking space outside the Old Brewery?
    They have painted a box, so you can legimately park there leaving 1.2m of space for cars, trucks & buses to fit through without crossing the solid white line in the middle of the road.

Useless shower of idiots.

gottarun wrote: »
    They have painted a box, so you can legimately park there leaving 1.2m of space for cars, trucks & buses to fit through without crossing the solid white line in the middle of the road.

I'd say the area civil engineer is gone on holidays and there was some extra paint to spare.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

gottarun wrote: »

Just had a good look at that while passing today. Its bizzare!

No idea how to embed pics in a post, but here you go for the scene of the lines

It is standard practice, despite it making absolutely no sense seeing as there is more than enough room for them to move the line a bit closer to Giovanni's. They do this all over town when the road is just about wide enough for two cars and have parking spaces along one side, it's all over salthill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

I had a good laugh when I saw it. It's like a bike line. The mind boggles how that could have been done. Serious bunch of idiots.

Line has been moved!!

Advertisement