Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversion to Attic

Options
  • 10-03-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

HI,
    Looking at a new house and the builder has already floored the attic, making it very easy to convert. I am trying to work out:

1. What the cost would be to put a stairs up there?
    2. What would be the overall cost?
    3. If I would need any planning?

Any tips?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

HI,
    Looking at a new house and the builder has already floored the attic, making it very easy to convert. I am trying to work out:

1. What the cost would be to put a stairs up there?
    2. What would be the overall cost?
    3. If I would need any planning?

Any tips?

Thanks.

Be careful the joist can support whatever weight you're placing on them. Some houses require <SNIP>

Mod edit: Please dont post links to businesses as it breaches our forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to prices/costs sub forum

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have a look at the Loft Coversions Leaflet (Amendment) listed on the right hand side of this web page

Type "attic conversion" into the search box on the front page of this forum and you will find lots of previous threads (with some good advice too)

Re: Planning permission. Its all ifs and buts and Id suggest getting a local arch tech to have a look and give you some advice. A lot of attic conversions are exempt but windows are usually the main stumbling block.

Advertisement