Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM2012 crashing

Options
  • 10-03-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone got any ideas how to prevent FM2012 crashing on a lenovo laptop. I can manage to get the game to load but before I get the chace to start a game it crashes. I've tred changing screen resolution and loading the game in a smaller window but still no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Do a clean reinstall.

Delete all the folders and game data and reinstall it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotzie

Cheers Aaron i tried that before posting this thread and still had no joy. I think the problem is that FM2012 isn't compatible with my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Dotzie wrote: »
    Cheers Aaron i tried that before posting this thread and still had no joy. I think the problem is that FM2012 isn't compatible with my laptop.

Actually, now that I think about it, I had a similar problem with FM11. I ended up getting rid of every file, as well as reinstalling Steam. In the end I had to get rid of the disc and use the Steam download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I'm having the same problem on an Acer laptop, crashes just as the first match is about to begin. Havent tried a reinstall yet, I'll give it a go later if I think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I've got FM2011 an 18 month old Acer laptop. Never had any problems until recently where I get into the middle of a particular game (Torquay V Peterborough to be exact) and suddenly it cuts outs and the laptop shuts down. Bottom of the laptop heats up horribly too.

I really don't want to do a full reinstall as I'm 4 years into the career now. Or is the laptop just not cut out for it anymore? Anybody got any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I've got FM2011 an 18 month old Acer laptop. Never had any problems until recently where I get into the middle of a particular game (Torquay V Peterborough to be exact) and suddenly it cuts outs and the laptop shuts down. Bottom of the laptop heats up horribly too.

I really don't want to do a full reinstall as I'm 4 years into the career now. Or is the laptop just not cut out for it anymore? Anybody got any suggestions?

backup your save games for a start and all the user data

Advertisement