Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreamcast for 300 pound and going up...Got me thinking,whats the most ye paid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

This thing will go for a mint if it's that sexy purple one I think it is !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Konami Hyper Stick (PS1).

€79.25 for the stick & shipping
    €16.64 VAT
    €6.00 "post office handling fee"
    €5.00 for laminate art
    $25 for PS1-to-PS3 converter
    $20 for new microswitches & spring
    $4 for bubble top

In comparison, I spent less on a VSHG (since traded) and modded Namco (soon to be traded).
    Probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lasersquad

Ianobeano wrote: »
    This thing will go for a mint if it's that sexy purple one I think it is !!!

Seems like box to me and it has been withdrawn anyway. Advert for a website.
    And my sexy, totally common, slightly discoloured D-cast sits unwanted on adverts for 30E.
    (found any jRpgs for me yet? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

lasersquad wrote: »
    Seems like box to me and it has been withdrawn anyway. Advert for a website.
    And my sexy, totally common, slightly discoloured D-cast sits unwanted on adverts for 30E.
    (found any jRpgs for me yet? ;)

:eek:Hahaha !!!:D No jRpgs found I'm afraid my eagle-eyed friend ! I'ts probably gonna be a cash buy hopefully this week, unless ye wanna deal for that Commodore 64 DTV if ur interested ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lasersquad

Hehe, small internet. I`ll PM you later, don`t wanna clutter this here thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Nuon, and all for one game.
    The thing cost €300 to buy and ship.
    Didn't come with it so I had to spend another €30 or so on Tempest 3000.
    Then the Nuon decided not to work, so I ordered the same type of DVD player, but without the Nuon gubbins inside, from the states for another €50.
    So, with everything included it came to about €400, to play one game, Tempest 3000.
    That said, it's pretty good and no one I have heard of, on this island anyway, owns it, so happy there too to have such an excellent and exclusive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Arcade cabs aside, the most expensive thing you can plug into the tv I've bought I think was the upgraded Amiga A1200. Set me back €300.

Game wise €300 again for Sonic Crackers proto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Game wise €300 again for Sonic Crackers
    Is it any good? That is a nice chunk of money.

Master of the Universe

It's a first party unreleased Sonic game. Bought it for the collectability factor rather then actually playing it. Moment of insanity, but there's only about 10-15 of them in the world as far as I know. It's one thing I have that'll never go down in value.

Interesting article about it here, I even got a mention :pac:

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/prototype/following-the-trail-of-cracker-crumbs-the-origins-of-sonic-crackers/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Very interesting read dude. Thanks for sharing. Not sure if I would part that much for a game, well, maybe with a few beers in me, which I have often bought games on impluse :D

Thanks Oisin McGovern :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Eh? I'm Clint Dyer! The dude at the end with all the arms! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

o1s1n wrote: »
    Eh? I'm Clint Dyer! The dude at the end with all the arms! :P

I feel that that image is shooped. The pixels seem a bit off.

Master of the Universe

Do not doubt my extra arms!

Or I'll set this lad after ya

mortal-kombat-goro.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Man, the glove shop must love seeing him walk in, and the tailor next door, to take a couple of fingers off of each glove..
    A haberdasher and drapers goldmine him...
    If only he wore trousers over his underpants...

Ever wonder who does the laundry for these guys?
    I mean, you reckon he gets skidmarks?
    Is that why he wears black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

My biggest splurge was Eartbound for €170. I honestly cannot believe I spent that much on a bit of plastic and cardboard.

Advertisement