Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text graphics/editing

• 10-03-2012 9:49pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering guys what would be the best program to do something with text like in the video below at the 1min 32sec mark,sony vegas or adobe after effects?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just wondering guys what would be the best program to do something with text like in the video below at the 1min 32sec mark,sony vegas or adobe after effects?

This tutorial is your friend, it's After Effects btw. http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/fly_by_titles/

really easy stuff on that site too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sony vegas or adobe after effects?
    Probably either or, They both do the same job. I only know after effects though and text effects are fairly straightforward especially if you have photoshop experience as it uses similar layer effects. You could even make the text in photoshop and import it into after effects as an editable photoshop file.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

ScumLord wrote: »
    Probably either or, They both do the same job. I only know after effects though and text effects are fairly straightforward especially if you have photoshop experience as it uses similar layer effects. You could even make the text in photoshop and import it into after effects as an editable photoshop file.

I've been using vegas but recently got after effects and there just seems to be so many more options in it,kinda a bit taunting but I'll give it a go anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've been using vegas but recently got after effects and there just seems to be so many more options in it,kinda a bit taunting but I'll give it a go anyway
    It's fairly crazy. But it seems to be about preserving non-destructive editing, that's what I'd pick up from videocopilot and it's standard practice in photoshop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just had a quick browse through video co-pilot there,they give you the project file for each tutorial too,I can see myself spending alot of time on this site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Stick with After Effects because it's solely a compositing application and will give you more options. Video Co-Pilot is your master and offers so so so much. Check out Film Riot videos on YouTube also.

If you want to add 3D effects to your text and motion tracking then again AE will do a better job than Vegas and offers more options from my own experience anyway :)

Advertisement