Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Moderation in the Rugby Forum

Options
  • 10-03-2012 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

There is something rotten in the rugby forum. I am banned from posting in a match-thread until the final whistle. No explanation is given even after I ask for one. I then wait until the final whistle and start posting again. I post nothing wrong and another mod chimes in and goes "it [you not posting until the final whistle] worked so well lets just say you cant post in this thread again". Once again no reason was given. The mod did not show me what posts he was referring to.

Can I ask what is going on in that forum? It seems posters that support Munster are allowed a free reign there? From looking through ruggiebear's posts he seems to be a Leinster fan. Is it possible that in trying too hard to seem impartial that he is overcompensating and banning Leinster posters and not Munster?

Look at the Ireland-Scotland match day thread. The whole thread is criticisms of Leinster players, swipes and insults posted by Munster posters and yet the only banning was me. I beg you to look through my posts from that thread. I did nothing wrong.

It would be interesting to see the ratio of Leinster poster bannings to Munster poster bannings. Because today, from what I saw, the forum should be recalled 'Munster Rugby'

I have since been told these were the two offending posts

Just re-watched it. No clip of the heels.

To be honest I'm disgusted at Earls for diving. If a Scottish player did it we'd be livid! I hate diving.

Ive no idea how that is bannable to be honest.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dougieruggie viewpost.gif
    I think we all know the answer.

Kidney knows he cant take off Sexton anymore because hes too good.

But he also knows that he can't bring on O'Gara unless he plays him at 10.

If he takes off Sexton then the team could lose. But if he doesn't play O'Gara then he can expect a massive whinge in the newspaper next week.

The simple solution?

Move Sexton to 12 and give O'Gara some game time

biggrin.gif

Thats the second, it was obviously a joke.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as there's no ban or infraction involved and prefix updated.

And I saw that Justsomebloke said DRP in the Feedback thread, he was mistaken. The Helpdesk covers more general moderator based complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

I would just like to add the Earls dive is now being debated with many posters saying he dived.

That was one part of the reason given to me for my banning from the thread. Bizzare.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If you want to complain about a moderator, please read the thread outside on the very top of the forum that says:

(¯`·._.· BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD - READ THIS ·._.·´¯)

Under What DOES this forum handle
    • Complaints about a moderator action, ban or infraction - ALWAYS PM THE MODERATOR FIRST, to try resolve the situation amicably, like an adult. Feel free to read the full Dispute Resolution Procedure regarding this.
      If you're unhappy with that outcome, then get in touch with that sections CMod.
      If you are still unhappy, then start a thread here, and include as much relevant information as you can.

Since you did not contact the Moderator via PM first, as required by the Help Desk charter, we will leave this thread marked as "In Progress". Remember if you're not happy with the Moderator's reply, you must then take to that Mod's CMod, as stated above.

When you have followed the charter and exhausted all avenues available to you, please post again on this thread within 14 days, remembering to include as much relevant information as you can that you think could help your agrument.

Thread still in progress

Sorry, Justsomebloke is out to get me at this point.

I jsut received an infraction for this post
    To be honest the whole selection process is a joke. Ryan is nominated for player of the tournament having only played one game.

Whats funnier is that the Munster community will make every effort to ensure that everyone votes for him so theres a good chance he'll win it.

He also implied that I was a troll in another thread for no reason.

I feel like I am being bullied by him and a number of other posters. I've had insults thrown at me joking that I cant be older than 18 and I've had posters being petty and pulling up things such as using a wrong turn of phrase (when I reply politely my responses are edited by justsomebloke yet the aggressors comments are lef there, I also receive a warning from justsomebloke)

This is completely unfair.

and yes, ive been in contact with the mods but im not happy with justsomebloke, he didnt even have the deceny to reply to my pm acknowledging he received it and then today he starts attacking me and giving me infractions for nothing.

• Advertisement

OK now justsomebloke has banned me FOR NO REASON from the match day thread of the biggest game of the season. A mod said I was going off-topic and if I wanted to continue posting then I should talk about the thread at hand. Then justsomebloke quotes the mod (undermining him in my opinion) and says "to make that clear, dougieruggie you are not allowed to post again on this thread"

Now I made one post that while off topic, was one of over 2 pages of posts talking about the same thing!! In fact a poster even continued discussing it AFTER me and yet he wasn't banned from the thread. Its a harsh enough being banned from a thread for ONE post off topic, its even harsher when there wasn't ONE mod comment asking people to stay on topic and there were 2 pages of people going off topic before me, and even comments AFTER me. I am singled out.

I was REALLY looking forward to the thread and this is completely unfair. I am being singled out by justsomebloke because I complained about him and now hes 'getting me back'

Ok after PMing justsomebloke he has reversed that decision.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Ok after PMing justsomebloke he has reversed that decision.
    OK thanks for letting us know.

Closing and marking as Resolved.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement