Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Rugby

Options
  • 11-03-2012 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

I was given a pernament ban from rugby today for using a duped account. No other reason. My posts were fine.

I am just back from a month ban and my other account is no longer in use. My other account was banned from rugby for 7 days in feb. That was served.

I was given a month ban. That was served.

Yet again today the mod banned me for having a duped account. There is no duped account.

He said I should come on here and state my case and he will overturn the ban if he is wrong. Which he is.

I also feel this mod (Ruggiebear) is personally attacking me and has it in for me. I served my month ban and he has got this totally wrong. It is very unfair and I feel he has acted disgracefully by given me a pernamant ban for nothing. There has been a number of complaints about the modding on this forum.

Please arrange for this to be reversed as soon as possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

OK Nick....Here's the deal: You're a lot of trouble. You have a history of 17 bans and 30 infractions in under 2000 posts. A ratio of 1 disciplinary issue per 42 posts, give or take. That's very, very bad.

I'll do the investigation if you want but if it turns out that there's a duplicate account you get a permanent site ban. If there's no duplicate account I'll lift the rugby forum ban. Do we have a deal? If not, you walk away with your permanent Rugby ban in place.

In the interest of fairness, I haven't checked yet if there actually is a duplicate account. You have my word on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

The duped account is no longer in use. I have in fact deleted it since my month ban.

I was banned for a month for having a duped account. Served it, did not use other account since and closed it.

I could not have used it for the last month as it was infact locked by boards.

Therefore when using rugby since I returned from my month off , I have had one account and this is it.

You can check it all as it is true.

I also promise to clean up my act and stop my messing.

I hope you can take this into consideration

Cheers

You've chosen your words carefully to avoid telling the whole truth there Nick. You were permanently banned after your site ban had lapsed for using a second account (dedon) in the rugby forum during the time that your NickDrake account was banned from rugby.

Since you didn't take me up on the deal I offered, I did some digging and it is clear to me that you did use that account to post in the rugby forum while banned from that forum. That's why you have been permanently banned from the rugby forum. I see no reason to overturn that ban. I would suggest that if you want to post in that forum again you stay out of trouble for a while then ask the moderators nicely and they may reconsider. It's entirely their call though.

Thanks

I actually forgot I posted as the other account(dedon) in rugby when I was banned, so my apologies on that. I deleted Dedon and could not check my pervious posts.

I though the Mod banned me for having a duped account over the weekend when posting, which as outlined, I didn’t have. Which is in fact what I think he meant

He should have made it a bit clearer and saved us all a lot of time. Has he suddenly changed his mind??

I just don't understand how I can be banned for a month from rugby and when returning from my ban suddenly receive a permanent ban.

NickDrake wrote: »
    I just don't understand how I can be banned for a month from rugby and when returning from my ban suddenly receive a permanent ban.

Well, during the time that you were banned from rugby you used the re-reg account which earned you a permaban, it just wasn't implemented straight away. I can understand that it might have come as a bit of a surprise that you were allowed to post again, then permabanned. I'll grant you that's not ideal.

Having said that, I don't see any reason to overturn it. As I said, I'd suggest you get in touch with the mods after some time has passed and ask them if they might reconsider.

• Advertisement

Sound. Thanks for looking into it anyway.

Advertisement