Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radioactive Iodine Treatment

Options
  • 11-03-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    My dad is due to go in to Luke's for radioactive iodine treatment. He had thyroid cancer and is having the treatment following a total thyroidectomy. He will be in isolation for 3 or 4 days. I was wondering if anyone else has had the treatment and if there is anything in particular that made the isolation more bearable or if there is anything you would recommend to someone having this treatment.
    Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Deepsurf

Yes, I was in St. Lukes in October 2011. I had a partial thyroidectmy last March and they removed the rest of it in June and had the Radio Iodine in October. They are fantastic in Lukes. Has your Dad had his treatment yet? Plenty of books / puzzle mags / tv / phone calls. He might feel ill the second day which they will give him an anti-sickness tablet. I had this and it made me sleep for the day. How is he coping with eltroxin levels. I am still trying to get mine right! Best of luck to him.

Advertisement