Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Worcester glassware offer at Tesco

• 11-03-2012 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭

Starts Monday, same as the pots and pans offer from a few months ago, spend 20 euro and get a voucher, 10 vouchers gets you 70% off.

4 short tumblers are 5 euro, rrp is 17
    4 tall tumblers are 6 euro, rrp is 20
    4 liqueur glasses are 8 euro, rrp is 28
    4 champagne flutes are 9 euro, rrp is 30
    4 white wine glasses are 9 euro, rrp is 30
    4 red wine glasses are 9 euro, rrp is 30
    2 bordeaux glasses are 6 euro, rrp is 20
    Decanter is 17 euro, rrp is 60

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WexDub74

Just a small correction, the discount applies with only 5 vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

ShaneU wrote: »
    Starts Monday, same as the pots and pans offer from a few months ago, spend 20 euro and get a voucher, 10 vouchers gets you 70% off.

4 short tumblers are 5 euro, rrp is 17
    4 tall tumblers are 6 euro, rrp is 20
    4 liqueur glasses are 8 euro, rrp is 28
    4 champagne flutes are 9 euro, rrp is 30
    4 white wine glasses are 9 euro, rrp is 30
    4 red wine glasses are 9 euro, rrp is 30
    2 bordeaux glasses are 6 euro, rrp is 20
    Decanter is 17 euro, rrp is 60

http://www.tesco.ie/glassware/
    Linky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Dont think any of that would survive in my house, looks very nice buy way to weak...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Thanks OP, picked up the red wine glasses yesterday evening, they're very nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

I spent 16e in there yesterday and decided to try my luck. I have been eyeing some nice whiskey glasses for a while now. I asked for a voucher and he gave me 4. So its worth asking for them if your interested in the offer.

Also there is some people voicing concerns regarding where these are coming from. They say they dont come from the royal worcester company in the Uk, but another company with the same name in France. It seems unlikely tesco would risk selling knock offs but maybe someone else knows more about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

I spent 16e in there yesterday and decided to try my luck. I have been eyeing some nice whiskey glasses for a while now. I asked for a voucher and he gave me 4. So its worth asking for them if your interested in the offer.

Also there is some people voicing concerns regarding where these are coming from. They say they dont come from the royal worcester company in the Uk, but another company with the same name in France. It seems unlikely tesco would risk selling knock offs but maybe someone else knows more about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

Heh i spent 82 in tesco phibsborough, asked for the voucher and didnt get any- guy had no idea what im talking about and offered me some "tesco for schools" vouchers. Was in rush so didnt bother goin to the customer service, bit pissed off as i rarely do a big shop in tesco..,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Joni23 wrote: »

They're made in France by a Dutch company under license of Royal Worcester ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I spent €30 in there the other day and the girl gave me 5... I didn't even know what I was getting, I said I'd "take them sure in case the mother is collecting them". I bet I looked like some ungrateful shít hahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I got the red wine glasses. They are a good size and shape, but at least 2 out of the 4 had minor flaws, I didn't examine the glasses too closely so there may be other flaws too.

The minor flaw was a small air bubble in the bowl of the glass, not too noticeable, but certainly visible if you examined the glasses reasonably closely.

The glass is pretty thin, which makes them quite attractive, but also more vulnerable to breakage. The whole range is very light-weight, so don't expect the feel of lead crystal.

Overall I think they are good for the price, but I would not believe that these ever retailed for €30, (of course they didn't, as they are a special purchase, but you know what I mean).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

I got the red wine glasses. They are a good size and shape, but at least 2 out of the 4 had minor flaws, I didn't examine the glasses too closely so there may be other flaws too.

The minor flaw was a small air bubble in the bowl of the glass, not too noticeable, but certainly visible if you examined the glasses reasonably closely.

I bought two boxes of both tall and short glasses.
    Both sets had marks on the glass mechanical like marks.
    It's hard to discribe, but it's like they were on a convayor belt in the factory and were scored as they went around the processing. I intend to use as every day glasses so it's not a big deal for me. I would not suggest getting this as a gift for some one, as I think all of them are lightly marked in some way.

It's a pity as the pot and pan offer was very high quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I got the decanter and there is a minor fault as well (which doesn't bother me, but may for a gift).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

If people are trying to get tokens for these they should come down to the waterford tesco :), I get handed nearly a full book each time I do a shop!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i think it depends where you shop, 3 times in the last 2 weeks i was in tesco, first time i spent about 50 and nice lad on till gave me a full book off tokens. second time i spent 150 and she gave me 7 tokens, yesterday i spent 11euro and got a full book!
    when is the offer finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Got a trolley to do my shopping in tesco and there were 7 vouchers in the bottom of it :) Picked up the whiskey glasses straight away, they're lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Just bought the box of White and Red wine ones.
    In the white wine box 1 glass has a "bubbled" rim and the red glasses have few light marks on them.

After such high quality with the pots and pans, this feels like a very shabby product. It's like the "seconds" were given to Tesco.

How does everyone else feel about the quality?

I'm going to use them as everyday glassware so it's not too big a deal, but its a let down to be sure in terms of the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Wonder how popular they are? :confused:
    Normally Tesco only give out more tokens/vouchers when there's not a great take up on them.
    Thought they were very thin around the rims.

Advertisement