Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see that red sports car going around yesterday?

• 11-03-2012 9:43am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't really see it properly as I was eating in Eddie Rockets. Was it a Ferrari, or one of those mr2 conversions? Lady driving it, saw her go past me twice on O'Connel Street.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kit car. There are actually three or four kit cars in the Limerick area that look pretty close to a real Ferrari upon first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Is it the one thats always parked near the Belltable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Is it the one thats always parked near the Belltable?

If its the one im thinking of that is a Lotus Elise defo not a Kit Car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thread is useless without pics :)

jsd1004 wrote: »

The red car in the city centre yesterday evening/night was a kit car with Ferrari badges on it and not a Lotus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Saw one of these heading out towards Killaloe last week.

ferrari-f430-spider-1.jpg

There used to be an MR2 fake Ferrari around Limerick quite a bit 2-3 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

+1
    I have seen this one a bunch of times, definitely a Lotus Elise.

Anyway, I too spotted a red sports car yesterday afternoon around 4h15 but it was Porsche 911 carrera 4s

If it had a Tipp reg, then it's owner lives a bit beyond Killaloe/Ballina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Didn't notice the reg but what a car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Lotus Elise, despite its relatively small naturally aspirated 1.8 litre engine it does go like sh!te of a shiny shovel due to its very high power to weight ratio. An interesting car, a number have being wrote off down through the years due to the fibreglass body being jacked up at the wrong point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ShaneMc2012

I saw a Red Porsche 911 Carrera 4S with an 07 reg on William Street Yesterday if thats the car you saw? It was done up a bit I think as the back and wheels were a bit different

-Edit-
    Probably wasn't the same one as there was a youngish man driving it not a lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Lotus Elise, despite its relatively small naturally aspirated 1.8 litre engine it does go like sh!te of a shiny shovel due to its very high power to weight ratio. An interesting car, a number have being wrote off down through the years due to the fibreglass body being jacked up at the wrong point.

I have also spotted the Lotus, parked on O'Connell Street and South Circular Road another day. How anyone can fit inside is beyond me, cool looking yoke though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

If it had a Tipp reg, then it's owner lives a bit beyond Killaloe/Ballina.

Definitely not mine..... :-(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was eating a delicious burger in Eddie Rockets, so unfortunately only saw it side on with traffic blocking half of it. I don't think it had the B pillar, so maybe it was the elise. Next time I'll drop the burger for a proper look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

There used to be an MR2 fake Ferrari around Limerick quite a bit 2-3 years ago

ive seen this guy pass through corbally few times ive heard its the real deal but not sure if anyone can confirm this as he is supposed to be loaded so could be a real ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

There is a guy living down the Mill Road in Corbally with one and yes it is real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

ya i passed him in my supra its some car makes my thing look like a toy the sound off it is just unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

tippman1 wrote: »
    Definitely not mine..... :-(
    Not me either,there is a big time developers son from just outside the limerick city area used to drive a ferrari who are in NAMA,probably still got it,why not seeing as we are paying for it.

Advertisement