Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dust allergy? new house

Options
  • 11-03-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice about dust allergies. I am in the process of moving into a room in a shared house and just spent some time there yesterday. I have a mild allergy to dust, it flares up after hoovering, for example, I get a tight chest and runny nose.
    After an hour in the new house I felt these allergic symptoms, tight chest, runny nose. There is a carpet in the new room, but the place was clean, no obvious mold or damp. I am used to having carpets in my bedroom, the place I'm just leaving has a carpet.
    I suppose my question is, what could be causing this new allergic reaction? Is dust somehow different in different carpets? And is it something I could adapt to? Maybe it's not dust, but what could it be? Again, the new room seems clean and dust free. Any advice or experience would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

You need an allergy test done, I myself am allergic to dust mites, which is what people who have dust allergies are usually allergic too. Wear a mask, hoover everything, carpets are real bad, if you can afford it get a dehumidifier.

But as I said earlier, get an allergy test done, could be anything.

Advertisement