Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for Waterfords Vanessa Whelan on The Voice of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

justbored wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I actually like the little fella from Waterford Richie is it? It's a seriously flawed show though in all fairness. I have only kept an eye on while the Wife watches it but at least it's not as obviously rigged as the x-factor is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why would you vote for someone based on where they live, its supposed to be a voice competition, isn't it?

looksee wrote: »
    Why would you vote for someone based on where they live, its supposed to be a voice competition, isn't it?

Support locals I guess. I can understand it TBH, Remember the whole county got behind Chris Dorans poor Debacle of a eurovison outing. Before it all went tits up there was a bit of a buzz around.

There is only one winner in that show in any event, I can't think of his name but he sang the river in his audition and is with Bressie. He's very good in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Bit of a MILF thing going on with Vanessa.I would

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Probably would be fairer if we had one thread for both local acts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 devil01

I'll vote for the talent, she gave a great performance with time to say goodbye. wonderful singer imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

That hot pretzel girl on it last week was good. Ritchie has my local vote though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Town! Town!... you mean city! :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Best of luck to Vanessa tomorrow night. She is an amazing singer and deserves to win it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

I honestly believe Vanessa Whelan will surpass the likes of Brendan Bowyer and Gilbert O Sullivan and become the biggest International singer this City/County has ever produced.

The least we could do is give her a vote next Sunday evening when she performs at the semi-final stage on the Voice of Ireland RTE1 6.30pm.

She’s 3/1 to win it out with Paddypower for anyone interested in making a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

I hope so as I couldn't convince Gilbert to sing at my wedding but at least I'll be able to say that Vanessa sang at it. Hope she wins, she's a lovely girl too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We have two great contestants left in the shape of Vanessa and Richie.

Vanessa's voice is really just out of this world and Richie has always been a great entertainer and I do admit to guiltily tuning in each week and perhaps even sending a few sneaky text votes in.

I wish them both the very best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I haven't seen it in a few weeks. Are there many contestants left?

As much as i would like to see one of the two Waterford contestants win I think it's terrible terrible show. The only thing i'll give it is they don't go down the x-factor route of sob stories or producers pushing certain acts over others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I watched it for the first time last week and was blown away by how bad some of the contestants were.

Very impressed with Vanessa and Richie, and I too sent a few sneaky texts in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Fair Play to the 2 of them...

Heres to next week!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Pat Byrne - Team Bressie 11/10
    Vanessa Whelan - Team Sharon 11/10
    Richie Hayes - Team Brian 6/1
    Jim Devine - Team Kian 18/1

Would have loved to got on Vanessa last week... on paddypower.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

AdMMM wrote: »
    Pat Byrne - Team Bressie 11/10
    Vanessa Whelan - Team Sharon 11/10
    Richie Hayes - Team Brian 6/1
    Jim Devine - Team Kian 18/1

Would have loved to got on Vanessa last week... on paddypower.com

Interesting.....;)

You should lay that off man.

anyway, fair play to the two of them. Richie in particular seems like a nice fella.

Have to say though that from the little bit i have seen that chap Pat is brilliantly. he really reminds me of Bruce Springsteen when he sings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Is this show the replacement for the All Ireland Talent show?

STIG83 wrote: »

No,

"The Voice" is an international brand for example they have the Voice UK,US and so on. Its pretty much the x factor with different rules and they don't have an novelty acts.

I have no idea is the all Ireland talent show coming back but id be very surprised if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

ziedth wrote: »
    STIG83 wrote: »

No,

"The Voice" is an international brand for example they have the Voice UK,US and so on. Its pretty much the x factor with different rules and they don't have an novelty acts.

I have no idea is the all Ireland talent show coming back but id be very surprised if it did.

I hope not, I think there an Aussie version too, saw it on tv earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Great advert for Waterford talent that two acts are in the final...

although I will say I find it strange the way it's 'seeded' if you like, which means every mentor has to have an act in the final so that you don't end up with what I like to call 'Louis Walsh Syndrome' ie. a judge has no particular interest in who wins the thing as they have no acts left. If talent is that obvious then you should make it to the final regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As it stands, Vanessa is holding steady in no.9 in the iTunes chart. Its been that way since most of yesterday. Richie is moving a bit having jumped to 6th but as of now, he is 7th.

No.1 in the iTunes chart is Pat Byrne and he has remained their all day yesterday.

Richie / Vanessa need to catch up on downloads or pull a lucky one and get a huge amount of votes for the Sunday show!

Advertisement